Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Spring has Sprung

We had the wettest April on record, but now the sun is out and the flowers are gorgeous! We've got a row of tulips on our front strip that have an alternating pattern of color (hubby and the Babe planted them last year). I'll try and post a picture soon because they really are lovely.

Before hubby came back from his hiking adventure, I took a look at our yard (wild kingdom) and did something I've never done before in my life; I mowed the lawn. Holy crap was I tired afterwards! The back yard is the worse, being on a rocky slope with uneven terrain. I felt lucky just to get it done. My arms and back certainly got a work out (didn't need to add the extra one in the evening after this project). The yard looked pretty good when I was done and hubby was ecstatic. I thought he might wet himself in the excitement.

The babe has to perform at a high school tonight for the director's drill team's performance (the director of the dance school, that is, is a coach for this high school). She picked her three, favorite groups to perform. What an honor! My little one has certainly received a lot of attention this year. So, where's the agent from Disney, begging me to move to California? (lol!)

Did you use your KFC coupon? We did. We printed off four and all received dinner on Oprah, last night. I hope people are sharing these coupons with homeless folks and such. This is an amazing opportunity for everyone (and the chicken is pretty good, too). I kept mine "light fare" by ordering sweet corn and a dry-side salad, along with a corn muffin instead of a biscuit. The coupon lasts until mid-May, so there's still time. Heck, you could print that sucker everyday if you wanted to. I imagine chicken would get pretty tiring for some (my hubby, however, is probably in hog-heaven) .

2 comments:

Dee said...

still trying to print out my coupon

Enchantress said...

There seems to be a bit of hysteria erupting over the coupons. Some restaurants are actually turning people away. Oprah will not be pleased.