Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T-24 hours (approximately) and counting. These have been my glasses for nearly three years. I bought them the summer my mother-in-law came to visit. I remember going to my visit and, not only buying these glasses, but contacts as well. Many of the contacts are still in my closet. I never could wear contacts well, since I always (always) feel them. It seems weird that tomorrow will be the last day I wear them. I'm getting anxious, not just about the surgery itself, but about the fact that they haven't called yet to schedule. It's supposed to be some time today. Will they call this morning? Will it be this afternoon? What if they forget? I've already taken the time off and it was tricky, at best, to coordinate with hubby. Hubby suggests calling them, myself, at 10:00am, which I plan to do. Then, do I call my optometrist to see what time he wants to see me on Friday? Will their office call me today? Tomorrow? Yeah, anxious is an understatement.

I'm almost done with True Bloo.d. My goal was to have it finished before I couldn't see again. I was also going to finish my novel (Fantasy Lover). I don't think that the latter will happen, since I've got the Babe's hair to do and an oil change to try and squeeze in. I'm nearly 200 miles over and I can see the gas just leaving, as a result. It's always the same; late oil change, horrid gas mileage.

The babe was supposed to perform this Friday and Saturday (yep...more surprise performances), but because of the surgery, we were scrambling to figure out how to get her to the locations. My mother is covering Saturday, but Friday was proving more and more difficult. Finally, I emailed the director back and asked for suggestions. She emailed me and, much to my surprise, told me there was nothing to worry about. That they had their karate group performing too and that she would look for an alternate dance group to perform. She insisted that they just couldn't do it without my little one, but understood my scheduling conflicts. My mother said, "But, of course! She is the best, you know." Wow. If the Babe's head gets any bigger, will have to move out to the country for the space.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Oooh, you got me anxious over here for you. I know you'll do just fine though. Make sure to post updates when you can! I'm looking into the surgery as well--I'm almost legally blind *yikes!*.

It makes me so happy to hear about your little one dancing. I spent 21 years in tap shoes, so anytime I hear about a rising star it makes my chest puff up just a little lol.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll say a few extra prayers for you!!

Dee said...

Wow
all the best for your surgery.
I never noticed that stuff about the oil change and the gas efficiency. I'm not that good about getting an oil change. I'll try to pay attention.