Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Coming Together

We're planning our vacation and I'm really excited. We've given ourselves a 3K budget this year, which has me just a bit nervous (I really don't spend money well...then, there's my hubby...). On the other site, I'm documenting my work to get tone again. I'm realistic, and began my journey at the end of April. Hubby was telling me that there are people who actually say stuff to him like, "Hey, how can I lose forty pounds in two weeks, so I can be ready for my vacation?" Are they serious? They must be high. Even if you could do that, you'd probably pass out on the vacation. Not good.

The school year is nearly over and hubby, quite by my surprise, signed Indy up for swim lessons. Yeah! She's going to be thrilled. She loves the water (taking to it much faster than her sister did at her age) and I'm sure she'll be a fish in no time. I signed up the Babe for acting/swim camp this year. It's a week long and she has no idea. It's best that way with her, or she'll drive me nuts!

She asked me this morning, ironically, if I ever went to camp as a kid. I explained that my elementary school became a camp each summer. So, the thousands of dollars my parents shelled out during the school year, could continue throughout the summer, except the curriculum became "camp like" instead. This was how I went on all those field trips to Disney.land, Knott.s Berry Farm, Magic Mountain and Sea World. She was mighty impressed. If only there were something like that here. They should get smart because with the hordes of children, somebody could be getting rich, rich, rich.

It's oil change time. Blah! I guess I wouldn't mind so much if I weren't pressured, every time I went, to perform every known service under the sun. I know they're due and I'll take care of it when I'm ready. Leave me alone, why don't cha! If it's sunny in your neck of the woods, I hope you enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Wow, wish I went to an elementary school like that
summers were soooo boring!

Enchantress said...

I see that "boring" issue come up with the kids in the neighborhood. By July, I think all the parents have had it (and I know I was ready to choke my own a couple times last summer). The babe will be with me three days a week and I'm trying to figure out how to keep her occupied and busy for that very reason.