Sunday, May 17, 2009

Awesome Wife Award


(Also titled on the other site). Yesterday, I jumped on a Hom.e De.pot sale and bought my hubby an early birthday/Father's day gift. I convinced the eldest not to talk about it, but really,where in the world would I have hidden a grill? So, we got it home, I asked a neighbor to help me get the box on the deck, then I spent a an hour or so assembling that sucker. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

After assembling, I made his favorite pasta salad. I then took the kids to the grocery store to pick up some "practice" steaks for him to try. When we got home, I put them in a peppercorn marinade for seasoning. They are, at this moment, still marinating in the fridge. Dear hubby wants to study the manual, first. Good idea, hubby. :)

When he got home, I heard his car in the garage. So, I ran into the garage like a crazy woman and said (in a panicked voice); "Oh, thank God you're here! I can't believe this has happened! You've got to come out here quick. What the hell are we gonna do?!" I left him breathless and distraught in the garage, then darted to the back of the house and out the back door.

A few seconds later, hubby appears in the doorway and I let out my happy early birthday surprise and cheer. He was completely speechless for ten seconds. Then, he was oohing and ahhing over the new, shiny appliance. I let him know that everything was assembled, but I had not yet attached the propane. He pulled out the cover and lovingly draped it over. What a site!

So, steaks for dinner tonight? We'll see if he gets his studying done.