Thursday, May 21, 2009

Booked

The resort, the flights and now the car for our vacation are booked. It really takes a load off...wondering when and where to do it and if we're getting the best deals or not. For the car, we watched the rates for four days with steady amounts. Last night, when I checked, rates had begun to creep up and hubby became nervous. I inadvertently stumbled onto the Hotwire site, while clicking around on "this" and "that" deal. I don't use them often, since you don't know what you're getting until the end of the transaction. Nevertheless, I found a rate lower than what we'd been seeing. So, we jumped on it. Turns out Hert.z was our rental company and it had been high, high, high for days (like $430 for six days, high). Our price? $198, including taxes and fees. Woohoo!

I neglected to post that, for Mother's day, hubby presented me with gift cards this year. One for $25 to Bath and Bo.dy Works and another for $30 to Ross (I still have about $40 on my other Ross card, the one he gave me for our anniversary, along with the shadow box). So Friday, we tripped on over to the mall where I spent the card and a bit of my own money to revel in their latest scent: whit.e citrus. It is heavenly. I feel the same way about their Se.a Island Cotton. Both are very fresh, crisp and clean smelling. I'm grateful to have my summer scent supply fully stocked.

My neighbor did it again. Ugh! She is something else. I woke Indy up to go and pick up the babe from school, yesterday afternoon. I hate to do it, but it is what I have to do. I try to make sure she goes down early enough that the disruption isn't too rough on her quality of sleep. So, I've got her all dressed and ready and begin to head out the door when my phone rang. I knew it was her and I knew what she'd say, but I answered anyway:

"Hello?"

"Hey! Hi, Enchantress. This is A****."

"Hi."

"Hey, I just woke up and E**** (her son) is still asleep. Can you pick up A**** (her daughter) for me?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I can get her."

"Thanks."

What the hell?! Your ass is home all day, everyday. From what we've observed, she sleeps a big portion of each day...leaving her youngest (who will be three in a couple of weeks) to his own devices. I worked a crazy-ass day at work (from home) and had major stress going on. I really don't have a problem picking up her kid, but it's the principle. What is her freaking problem? She quit her job because her manager was "mean". So the hell what! You suck it up and get past it. Now, they are in debt up to their eyeballs and have to sell their house. They are moving back in with grandma (her mother-in-law). Like I've said, I hate waste and irresponsibility is right up there with it, too.

She's very nice, but I can't say that I'm that upset about their moving. Is that wrong? Honestly, I feel like I've become somewhat responsible for her own children! The youngest runs out into the street all the time and I'm the one freaking out about it, while they don't seem to notice at all. He was ill this winter and had to be hospitalized for a bit, but it could have been prevented completely. How? Oh, how about a jacket on him when it's cold or shoes on his feet, when he runs out into the yard? Of course, I've chronicled the illnesses of the daughter, here on this blog. It seems she has something every week that prevents her from going to school. If momma is depressed and dispondent, don't bring the children into that madness. I think a lot of the time she keeps her eldest home so she'll have someone to talk to. I hope the oldest makes good choices for herself in the future. It may mean the difference between being and active, vital citizen or detaching and becoming a hermit like her mother.

On a happier note, with almost ten pounds down, I am starting to look and feel a lot better. Hubby wants to train at the park together. Do I dare? We'll see. And thanks to Tasha, I've got a new ringtone. I'm so excited! (Shame on you for posting this site, girl. I'm so addicted!)

3 comments:

Dee said...

congrats on your vacation savings. Nothing quite like having the same amount of fun for less.

About your neighbor--would it be so bad if you said "Sorry, I can't"?

Suppose you had something to do with the girls afterwards, instead of coming back to your neighborhood? Maybe meet someone, take them to the library, oh, I don't know, something--then what would she have done? It's nice to be neighborly but if you're starting to feel this way, then it's just not fair on you!

Enchantress said...

I know. You're right. I have said no in the past, and then she looks as if I've killed her puppy the next time I see her. It's sort of me not wanting to punish the child for the parent's issue, you know?

Tasha said...

Congrats on the vacation!! I don't like Hot.wire either...I hate not knowing what I get till I'm ready to pay.

Umm, no words for your neighbor. I feel bad for her children, seriously.

And *sorry* about the site! I'm addicted too; I even got my boss on it.