Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Very Tired, Happy Child


The babe went to dance in her costume last night and had a blast! They played games, mostly. Then, handed out candy to all the other girls in class at the end of the hour. She got into the car and announced,"Mom, I'm so tired." You know they're tired when they tell you themselves and you don't talk them into that decision. She came home and pretty much decided that story time would have to wait, less we have her fall asleep in the middle of the reading. Funny kid.

Tonight, she'll be going to school for an event where she can wear her cute costume again. I have to say, I'm really glad she's getting so much wear out of it. She's gotten more wear out of this one than any of her others. I wonder if Indy, once she inherits it, will do the same? Indy was not happy to see us leave last night, so I think she'll be quite happy to tag along with us this evening. The trick will be getting there early enough. There parking situation at the elementary school ain't great and I don't want to park on the street.

I found an old friend, a few days ago. We'd lost touch and, in some ways, I thought it was because of her situation. She kept having employment troubles and I thought I was a constant reminder of what she didn't have. Then, I thought it was because I messed up on a lunch date time once, where she was ready to leave due to waiting around past time for me. And yet part of me also thought she'd finally decided to turn tail and get the hell out of Utah, which she threatened to do many times. Turns out I was overly sensitive, forgetful and a complete emotional wreck because I was pregnant at the time and didn't know it. Well, we've reconnected and we'll be having lunch again soon. It's a good thing. She's a person I would have wanted to remain friends with, regardless of time or place.

That's how I feel about my best friends. No matter where I live, what I'm doing and where I end up in life, they are the people I want as constants. We keep up through email mostly, but phone calls and the occasional visits are awesome! They're who I lean on when things around here get a bit lonely. Now, I'm off on a tangent. Back to the Halloween festivities!

I want to take the girls to the corn maze this weekend, but every weekend we've had this month has been either freezing cold, rainy, snowy or all of the above. I haven't checked the weather for this weekend (but will do so momentarily).

So, it looks like it's going to be a red-letter weekend for corn mazes and hayrides. I'll be talking to hubby about this in the next few hours. Something tells me, though, others will be thinking like me and taking advantage of this calm weather. Bring on the masses!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I've been pleasantly surprised at the mildness of the weather. I was expecting it to be much colder much faster here in Utah. So yay! Hopefully the good weather holds out past tomorrow for trick-or-treating.

Enchantress said...

Thanks for stopping by, Amber. I guess I jumped the gun with the mild weather, huh? What about that chilly rain last night? Oh, well. It's supposed to be dry tonight so...hopefully, a light jacket will be good enough for neighborhood rounds. Happy Halloween!