Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hair Color Snafu

The blond is gone and in it's place? Easter-egg pink. Yes. I have pink hair and it's not cute. It didn't begin this way. As some of you know, I started off as a pale blond. My roots were coming in, so I was a pale, dirty blond. I mixed my concoction of colors together, along with my Clarioxide formula. The color added to my hair started off a very bright plum, then intensified to a fiery wine, then darkened, darkened, darkened. I left it on too long...my hair looked like dirt. It was awful! Not to be defeated, I quickly devised a plan to redo the color last night, but first, I would have to strip out all the color and start fresh.

So I did. Back to a bright blond (with sort of pinkish highlights) I mixed my beautiful concoction again and added it to my newly lifted hair. The color hit that intense wine color I was looking for and I jumped the gun; I rinsed. When I came up for air, it was pink. Ugh! I finished the process and decided that I would just re buy everything (because now all the color is gone) and try it again on Saturday. My hair needs a rest. It's been through a lot this week! I think that I've figured it out. Somewhere within the fifteen to twenty minute mark, is the magic number. Thirty minutes was just too long. The color I'm going for is called (you'll love this); Ravishing.

Yesterday, the babe had her hair done professionally for the very first time. Hubby said she twitched and moved a little bit when the hairdresser was combing her hair, but other than that, did very well. She has crochet braids, but with the professional job, they should last until just before my birthday. She's seven, so I don't know how likely this is. They look too cute! She's loving them and got up extra early today to beautify herself (it's picture day at school). Hubby was not loving the price of the beautification...seven packs of hair, four more packs than her non-professional mother uses.

The weekend is nearly here and I can't wait! My coworker has gone on leave and the work has tripled since she left. I've been hoping around like a jumping bean. I'm typing this during my lunch, just to make sure I'm keeping up on my posts. The nerve! To type during my non-working hours? What's that about?

My kids may actually get a bit more use out of their costumes this year. We're having pictures done on Sunday (at least, for now) and there are some activities that they'll be a part of next week. Usually, it's a one shot deal with the costume. Then, I pack up the babe's in anticipation of Indy wearing it in the future. I'm glad and I'm sure they'll be happy to be cute kitties more than just once.

2 comments:

Dee said...

how's it going with the pink hair-do? Do your girls think it's cute?

Enchantress said...

It's gone, thank goodness. My oldest didn't seem very thrilled about it, but she likes the more plum color now. My coworker called it "Cherry". I can live with being a cherry. ;)