Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


I tried on my costume last night. Um, it's tight. Seriously. Painted-on-tight. Well, not tight like X-rated tight, but still tighter than I thought it would be...and it's velvet. I guess I didn't think it would be from the picture. It's going to keep me roasted warm today and this girl has a tendency to sweat buckets, when nervous. So, the tight velvet costume, coupled with wearing it to work in the presence of all my coworkers and a bit of nerves at that? I better bring a few empty buckets.

Here's the odd thing, though. I'm really kind of stoked! It fits better than I thought it would. A small ponch in the front, but I did have a baby less than two years ago (and by C-section). The arms look good, the legs look pretty good, and the butt looks much better than expected. These are reasons to celebrate, yes? As I work on this body it appears that it is starting to pay me back by looking better. Who knew?

So, along with this skin-tight outfit comes my long "come hither" black haired wig and silver/black eyelashes. I'm wearing a huge, rhinestone bracelet, ghetto bling rhinestone studs in my ears, glitter dust eyeshadow, my poppin' lip gloss, I painted my nails N.Y.C. White Lights Glitter last night and finally a few short sprays of glitter all over (cat's like shiny things).

I hope I'm a hot kitty (um, not the sweating buckets hot) that doesn't embarrass herself too much. I feel badly that the babe can't wear her costume to school this year. They opted not to do the Halloween parade and hosted the literary night instead, which was fun, don't get me wrong. My youngest and I will be sporting ours momentarily and I'm hoping that it doesn't make the eldest feel bad. She still seems to be really excited about the Halloween party they're having today and the trick or treating she'll be doing tonight. I'm personally glad her dad will be home at a decent hour and is off tomorrow. By the way? I didn't even have to talk to him about my ordeal (read yesterday's post). He attacked me, once we got to bed last night. I just love it when he reads my mind. It's so much easier than hashing things out.

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Thanks for the pics Enchantress; I managed to get those ones open.

Your's is to follow I presume?

Take care and Happy Halloween!

Tasha said...

Hope your Halloween was fun!

Enchantress said...

rn_buffoon - You are so welcome! I'll send over me in costume later today (at least, that's the hope).

Tasha - Thanks for stopping by! I'm heading over to your site right now. :-)