Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Movies, Jack-o-Lanterns, Colds and Parties

My last post was mainly my gripe on a non-functioning hair color. I got that all straightened out, thankfully and moved on to other matters...mainly, my failing health. Ugh! Just when I get into my routine, I get the cold being passed around like a joint in my office. Thankfully, I'm on the tail-end of it and am feeling a lot better, but I haven't worked out all week. Bummer. Instead, I've spent time with the family (the nicest distraction from working out, I'd say).

Sunday, we went to church then took the girls to Target for pictures. They are so cute! I never seem to remember how photogenic my oldest is until she's in front of the camera with someone other than her dad and me. She's always hamming it up for me the non-professional. Hamming it up for the pro is a whole different ballgame. She's absolutely stunning, that girl! My little kitties had a ball. After pictures, she and her dad carved one of the three pumpkins we purchased last week. It was an alien carving (we think...it was hard to tell from the template transfer). Dad decided to go the traditional route for the others. They'll be carving those this evening.

Tonight, the babe will sport her costume yet again for dance class. The kids have been asked to come dressed in costume and bring candy to share, since they'll miss class next week. Tomorrow evening, a spook alley literacy event will have her in costume again. This girl is going to have so much candy in the next few days. I'm glad we're there to help her offload some of it.

Finally, the nice side effect with all my working out (aside from getting over my cold quickly) is the increase in my libido. I don't normally want anything to do with sex or anything related to it when I'm sick, but I was ready and willing last night (even in my NyQuil drug-induced haze). I'm sure hubby is happy about the side effects, too.

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

The Babe looks awesome in her costume; quite the actress by the look of her!

Enchantress said...

Oh! That's not her, but just a picture of the costume. I'll email you the real pictures momentarily. :-)