Thursday, October 11, 2007

And Good Evening To You

I got home under a bit of stress; school called and said the babe was still there and, "is anyone coming to pick her up?" Hubby was supposed to, so I called my mother to see where she was. She wouldn't have gotten there any faster...just getting on the interstate in town like me. Called hubby once, twice, three times...nothing. Decided that it would be best to call a neighbor and beg him/her to pick up the (probably freaking out) girl. I reached our stand-by who told me that hubby had just come over (hubby calling while I'm talking to her). Wires were crossed and he thought she was picking up the babe. He tried to call, but couldn't get a signal either. Stupid cell phones! So, neighbor lady will be picking up the babe everyday from now on, since she's already there to pick up her son anyway. Hubby can just scoop her up from neighbor lady's house with no worry. The babe was stressed out, but safe when hubby raced over to get her.

When I got home, they were decorating the front stoop with Halloween goodies. It looks pretty adorable (I'll take pictures with my nifty new camera and post). Halloween streamers hanging from the roof, lights and garland adorning the railing, pumpkins in the planters, and fiber-optic pumpkins in the window seat. The girls absolutely love it. We never did Halloween like this when I was a kid!

After hubby left for the gym, I put on Elmo for the youngest and headed downstairs to the elliptical trainer. Thirty-five minutes later, I was upstairs and exhausted! I showered and got the kids dinner ready. They ate and then prepared for father's return. Dad home, I could leave with the babe and take her to dance class. It was a pleasant drive, even with her incessant talking. I dropped her off and headed to one of my favorite Chinese restaurants to pick up dinner; steamed pot stickers and sticky white rice. I drove back to the dance parking lot, turned on my overhead light and began to eat. Why did the rice taste burnt? It wasn't burned, but it sure tasted like someone had put some fire under it...that under taste of burned like when you've overcooked the popcorn, but not enough to turn it black. Then, there was the pot sticker dip. It was flat. What the hell? That's part of why I buy those things! Salty tangy goodness for those who are pmsing like hell. I needed that sauce to be potent! Oh, well.

When I got home, I put the oldest to bed and walked into a bedroom with a bed covered in laundry.

"Why are you folding laundry now," I asked. "It's nearly 9:00...not what I wanted to do the last thing in the evening."

"Well, if we do it now, it's done and I don't have to do it tomorrow." (his day off)

Can't argue with that. We whipped through the clothes pretty quickly, then settled in for a night-cap of red Shiraz (for him) and peach wine (for me) as we watched Delirious on DVD. Haven't seen it in years! It was funnier than I remember.

1 comment:

Dee said...

all's well that ends well.
:)