Monday, October 15, 2007

Married Woman Goes on Date

It's true! I really did...and it was wonderful. Hubby took me out to dinner to a lovely Thai restaurant. I had the Pra Ram and he had the very spicy meal with Thai Chilies and noodles, that I can't pronounce. Both were wonderful and we had adult dinner conversation! Actual conversation! Then, we went to an event (which I will not mention here). I will only say that it served to pump me up!


****We interrupt this program to bring you this breaking news!****

I've been thinking about Figure competitions and have toyed with the idea in the past, but now I think I might actually try to reach for this goal. It's sort of the rabbit in my dog race. It's okay if I don't actually catch the rabbit, but if I can get close to it...

The difference between this and regular bodybuilding is that the women are training for symmetry and definition, not bulk. It's also about looking toned, yet feminine. What a novel idea! Why some women want to look like a big, bulky dude is beyond me but hey, it's live and let live. I'm not here to judge or crash any body's party. There are also Fitness competitions, but they are really focused on athleticism (which I have none and wouldn't admit to it just to save face). I can dance and do well with choreography, but integrating back flips and splits into my dance routine would have me face first on the stage. No thank you.

So, with my new found enthusiasm, incorporated to my already bustling workout agenda, I think I may do well. Hubby is all geared up to train me (of course he is!). I just don't know if I'm ready to start sucking down egg whites, tuna, brown rice and oatmeal all day again. I felt more than full all the time and the eating all day was nutty to me. I remember how good I looked, so I'll just have to keep reminding myself that it's all for the greater good.

***Now, back to our regularly scheduled program****

The date finished with hubby and I returning home at around 9:30, paying the babysitter, and settling in for a nightcap. I ate my leftover dinner and he warmed up some of the hamburgers I grilled, earlier in the week. You would have thought I'd created a masterpiece, as much as he raved about them. I'm glad they were good because those suckers took me two full hours to cook. My hubby buys in bulk, so "yours truly" grilled twelve burgers that night. Twelve!

We pulled a movie out of our archives to watch; Devil's Advocate. It was better than I remembered and only reaffirmed my belief that Al Pacino's an amazing actor. He totally absorbs his character and that's not easy for people to do. (I'm a big fan of Christan Bale's for that very reason.) As much as Jack Nicholson rocks, Jack is always Jack to me.

The night ended and I wished hubby didn't have to get up and go to work the next morning, but he did and I survived. I look forward to the holidays when, hopefully, I'll have a little more time with him. I loved date night and I'm already feening for another one.

1 comment:

Dee said...

re devil's advocate
that movie gives me the creeps

re rabbit
whoa
that's an idea. I'm considering it for myself. Well, my goal will be more modest though. It's to actually stick to a workout plan for 3 months.

re date
awww how sweet. Dates are nice.