Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do I Break Out the Toys?


To begin, this is a TMI post so, if you're not ready for lots of random information about me not getting any, than move on.

Normally, hubby and I are usually pretty frisky for an old, married couple. I'd say three to four times a week on average (that could be a veritable drought for others, but I consider myself pretty fortunate). Earlier this week, I sent my hubby to the heights of heaven (or thereabouts) but I was left hanging. This happens more when he's working those crazy 12 to 14 hour days of his. He just doesn't have the energy to give it back. I understand and usually suck it up like a trooper; however, this past time I was really irritated. We had a mild argument, which ended with him snoring loudly enough to wake the dog (no small feat).

Last night, we finished watching Grindhouse: Planet Terror (you gotta check it out, if you like exploitation films). We were in bed earlier than the night before but hubby was exhausted. He fell asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. Frustration ensues. I've been creaming beneath for two days with no satisfaction.

There are alternatives, do I break out the toys? I usually like to save them for use with him but, seeing as it's going on three days and I'm feeling like a corked-up geyser, drastic measures may need to be taken. I'm sure I'll talk with him about it but I also understand that kind of stress all this work puts on him. Most of the time, he has no problem and can find it within him to deliver anytime. My issue is that the frustration is coming out in other ways (I've been a bit bitchy to everyone, even the kiddlings. Not good).

No comments: