Monday, December 05, 2005

Tag, You're it!

Can we shift gears and add a little happiness to my site? I've been such a downer, lately:

10 Years Ago- 1995, wow. I was a Junior in college...preparing for the winter break to be spent out here (in Utah) with my mother. I was spending a lot of time in workshops and training in Nashville, preparing to bring our chapter off of probation. I remember feeling a lot of pressure because we were so busy in Delta, I was writing papers all the time (because I was deep in my major, by this point) and my social life was actually hopping (even though I was still single).

5 Years Ago- Winter of 2000 was tough. I was doing everything in my power to get out of my current job, not because I didn't like what I was doing, but I couldn't stand my supervisor. She was a bitch on wheels who expected everyone to bow down and kiss her feet. I refused, so she gave me much grief. My little one was four months old and (knowing what I know now) I should have just calmed down. A new, better job was just on the horizon.

1 Year Ago- We were in the midst of interviewing potential candidates as a "clone" for me. I was so happy! I'd been the lone ranger for so long without help and was so overwhelmed that the idea of a body to take on some of my drama was like an early Christmas present! She's been great! Now, we're doing it all over again.

Yesterday- I went to church, ate breakfast with the babe at
Home Town Buffet, went to Wally world, came hope and took a nap. Got up, watched Ali (I know, I'm behind) then worked on Christmas presents with the babe. Talked to hubby a few times throughout the day.

5 snacks I enjoy- pineapples (rings not chunks), cup-a-soup, cheetos, strawberry shortcake
parfaits, sorbet.

5 bands to which I know most of the lyrics to most of their songs- Tony Toni Tone, Intro, Sade (Yes! I know it's her name, but it's also the name of her band), Mint Condition, Huey Lewis and the News (Oh, it's so sad). LOL!

5 Things I’d do with $100 million dollars- Tithe, pay off my house, pay off my hubby's car, pay for hubby's school, finish my masters, invest for more (to pay for the girls' college education and by my mother a house and such).

5 locations I’d run away to- Florence, Paris, Maui, US Virgin Islands, and Fiji

5 bad habits I have- Correcting my hubby's grammar, over analyzing everything, shutting down and avoiding the pink elephant in the room, not expressing my feelings (much better at this with the prego hormones...I tell it all!), picking the skin off my lips when I'm nervous (I know...so gross).

5 things I like to do- listen to music, write, eat, dance and have buck-naked, wild sex with my hubby (TMI? So, sorry but it's the truth). LOL

5 things I would never wear- a cut-off halter (Oh, Lord! Can we say, "muffin tops"? Yuck!), a
platinum (or any other metal) grill, pastel make-up, ugly shoes, and shoulder pads.

5 TV shows I like- Family Guy, That 70's Show, Lost, Made in America (Hey, there's some cool stuff on this show!), Bernie Mac

5 movies I like- The Matrix Trilogy, Jane Eyre, Predator, Blade, Carrie (and the list goes on and is HUGE).

5 Famous people I’d like to meet- Morgan Freeman, President Bush (if only to tell him what an idiot he is), Dave Chappelle, Oprah Winfrey, and Bill Cosby.

5 biggest joys at the moment- My eldest daughter (whose name means "flower" in Arabic), my unborn daughter (whose name means "of great success" in Arabic), my husband (even though he's driving me batty at the present), looking at the snow covered, wasatch mountains on a clear day, feeling loved by everyone around me.

No comments: