Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Still Pregnant, but Coming to Terms



I'm frustrated but I've decided to try and calm down. It's hard because my discomfort is growing worse and worse with each passing day. Now, it kind of feels like I'm having menstral cramps in my back (which would be fine, if that's what they were...then, I could just pop a motrin and go to bed. Oh...Motrin...how I miss thee!). Unfortunately, I just have to suffer through them. Taking baths helps, but my jetted tub holds gallons of water...something that, economically, shouldn't be done to frequently. The bathroom trips are coming even more frequently, if that were even possible. At night, I'm up about every hour (seriously...I check the clock everytime I get up). At least if baby is active and won't let me go back to sleep, I've got new movies to watch and The Sims 2 to play (gifts from my hubby). The sad thing is I'm a bit addicted to the Sims. It sounds crazy, but you can't just play for an hour and stop...well, at least I can't. The funny thing is that hubby used to talk trash to me about how much time I spent playing the original and the Sims Bustin' Out, but then he bought me the new one. Silly, boy.

I've been reading a lot of web boards about women who are due in January. Quite a few have had their babies, while others (like me) are dealing with the last of the pregnancy drama. Some of them haven't even had Braxton Hicks, thinning, dialation, or anything yet. It makes me a lot more grateful for the "signs" I seem to be having that women, who are due earlier than I am, haven't even seen yet.

Oh, the five year old! She is running around driving me absolutely batty! I know it's partly the hormones, but it's also the schedule too. She's used to doing certain things at certain times of the day where now, she can pretty much play and play the day away. She loves the freedom, but I can tell there are lulls and she gets bored. I really don't have the energy and I'm really hoping my mother will take her for a couple of days this week to give her some variety. I've been working from home the past few days and will continue to do so through tomorrow. Monday, I'll still be at home, then Tuesday I'll return to work. I can't believe it...I'll return to work. It seems so wrong! I know the babe will be happy to be back at school with her friends and I'll actually enjoy being around company again...but.... Okay, no sadness. I'm coping. Coping, coping, coping.

Finally, I've been emersed in Anthony Hamilton's new CD, Ain't Nobody Worryin'. It's too bad he doesn't travel to this side of the continent. I'd love to see him live. I suppose I'll have to wait till I'm back east to see him. Such a shame. I think black artists hitting the "not so frequent" or "not so popular" cities is a brilliant idea (Bernie Mac new exactly what he was doing, back in the 90's). People just assume there aren't people of color in Cheyenne, Flagstaff, Anchorage, Salt Lake and the like. "We're here and we'll pay to see you!" "Give us a chance!" I would be willing to drive to Vegas if he ever went there.

It's time to feed the family (animals included). The dog keeps hitting me with his paw as if to say, "Excuse me, but you need to take your round butt over to my dog bowl and fill it up because I haven't eaten since 7 this morning and I'm tired of waiting so, get a move on duck-lady before I decide to make a snack out of one of these obnoxious cats!"

1 comment:

Icey said...

Routines for chidren are sooo essential!! They keep EVERYbody happy!lol

That baby is going to be here before you know it and this preggers stuff will be a distant memory!

Have a great New Year...with the new baby!