Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas! Now, bring on the grub!

Christmas morning began with my hubby getting home from work at a quarter to seven. He crawled into bed, shivering from the fever chills. We've decided that he's dealing with side effects from the tetanus booster he got last Thursday. This new vaccine now has whopping cough added to it. Lovely! Hubby's had a fever of some sort ever since.

Anyway, the babe wakes to his arrival and runs into the living room to see if Santa came (of course, he did). She runs back to our room to announce, "Santa came! Santa came! There are more presents under the tree. Come and see!" So, hubby drags himself up and puts on layers of clothes. I roll my round butt into the living room with him. What a sight! He's sick as a dog and my festive spirit (on a scale of 1-10) was about a 2. Thank goodness for the babe's energy. She opened presents for about an hour and played in the living room for a good chunk of the day, while dad and I slept.

After a few hours, I got up to make the apple crumble to take to my mother's for dessert (I made the rum cake on Christmas eve). Then, we all got up and got ready to go. Once we got there, we opened the presents my mother and sister got for us. My sister bought me a lovely "bath pampering" set. She bought my hubby a gift card to Home Depot and my daughter the cutest blouse and sweater. More gifts were exchanged as company began to arrrive. My mother invited to couples (friends of hers from church). We ate and ate and ate, and they drank and drank and drank. The drinks of the hour? White Z, red, and white merlot. I never saw a glass empty!

I got to "smell" the wine and take a sip of my mother's, but that was it. Ugh! I'm gonna die on New Years! Hubby's already talking about going out with the guys that night. We haven't spent a New Years apart...ever. He'll be out drinking it up while I desperately try to find a comfortable position to sleep in for the night. Have I said this is getting on my nerves...no really, it's getting on my nerves. Truly. I mean it. I'm not for the sharing anymore. Lord, will it end!

Oh, and an update on my doctor's visit? He said my cervix is thinning, but the baby is still "way up there" and I'm not dialated at all. He also said, "I don't think we're going to see your baby this year." Yep! Just as I suspected. She'll come in February and weigh 15 pounds and be three feet long. My coworker has probably already had her baby. Lucky girl! Um, have I said this is getting on my nerves? Really.

1 comment:

Icey said...

"She'll come in February and weigh 15 pounds and be three feet long."

LMAO!!! Girl you are hilarious!