Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Frustration Makes One Loony


My hubby just made the most bizarre phone call to me. It was all about how he was frustrated about all the stuff that needed to be done and why we didn't try and do all the stuff before the baby came. Of course, it's too late and we can't cry over spilt milk. He was really irritated and cut our conversation very short. Then, he called back while I was away from my desk and left a two minute message (that's pretty long, considering most people leave a 30 to 50 second message standard). He basically went on to say that it was our joint decision to not pursue things the way we should have and blah, blah, blah. I just really wasn't in the mood for the drama.

When I got home, my babe was coughing a lot and didn't eat well. She's a huge fan of top Ramen (who isn't?) and I should have known that she wasn't feeling well when she didn't even get half way through the bowl. I left her to her movies, while I got some things organized in the back. when I came back to check on her, she had her face buried in the couch but, she was bent over and standing up...all while sleeping. Poor, thing. I ushered her into her room and got her to bed fast. Then, I found some meds to give her and tucked her in.

At around 12ish, she was up hacking and hot, hot, hot! I took her temp and at 101.7, I decided that school wouldn't be an option for her today (12.21.05). I called my office and left messages for my boss and coworker. I bet they have just really gotten desensitized to my early morning phone calls, but I still assured them that I wasn't in labor and not going to the hospital.

Now, she's on the couch watching Barney (heaven, help me!) and looking most pitiful. I've been working for a little over two hours and will probably only do a half day today. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm wondering about the mood of my husband once he comes home. He was planning on painting the living room, which means we will have to hide out in our master bedroom (the babe and I) until he finishes. I'm sure it would have been easier to accomplish without his wife and child at home but, some circumstances can't be avoided. I hope he gets some rest before he starts...I can't imagine painting my house after working my regular night shift and half a morning shift. What craziness!

He just called and said that he doesn't have to work tonight so, all the hard work will help him sleep. I guess he's got everything figured out. He appeared to be in a good mood, but we'll see.

On the baby front, I'm trying things to encourage my contractions. I purchased raspberry tea and drank a steaming cup of it last night. It's supposed to relax your uterus and allow the contractions to "work" more effectively. Perhaps this evening I can convince my hubby to "return" the weekend favor and give me the big, "O". That ought to help things along, too. Meanwhile, my ankles are continuing to swell and look like sausages. I can't even see the bone anymore!

Oh, and we had our company party Monday night. It was lovely! The food was divine, which is saying a lot since Christmas party food can fall under the "country club" arena and just be bland, bland, bland. We had the most tender baked chicken I've ever tasted, wild rice, carrots, green beans, real mashed potatoes and soft-buttered rolls. For dessert, eclairs, puffs and fudge along with fresh coffee and real cream. After dinner, they brought in an improv comedy group which was a great way to top of the evening. So, my prediction did not come to pass. My water did not break on the way up the elevator. In fact, I'm thinking this baby isn't really interested in showing up at all, now. I wonder what kind of long term effects that tributaline has on people? Could it be that I actually have to wait past my due date? Oh, the humanity!

2 comments:

Icey said...

That baby is just chilling...its freezing in your neck of the woods and it appears that the new babe knows and is juuuust fine in his warm happy place! lolol

Enchantress said...

Hahaha! You're probably right. I guess if I had to choose between warm, wet and wonderful and fudgecicle, I know what I'd go with. LOL