Monday, December 12, 2005

I am Huge!

(So, I drafted this on Monday, December 12th but it's actually Wednesday, December 14th around noon MST...just so yah know)
Huge, I tells yah! Huge like a whale...huge like a wide-load mac truck, huge like a zepplin...HUGE!! People are starting to make comments about my hugeness as well. It's nuts how big I got...seems like, over the weekend I put on twenty pounds or something. What the hell? I tried on two dresses before church, Sunday, and my hubby was straining (I kid you not) straining to get the zipper up my back. It never went...so, I tried on the back-up dress. No dice. Oh, man. What happened? The sweater I wore on Monday looked as if if was going to burst at any moment. This baby needs to come and she needs to come now! Come on, "N"! Mama's waiting for you!

I woke up really congested on Monday and blew my nose constantly through the day. It didn't help that my boss was also snotty and yucky too (he'd spent the weekend in Arizona with 70 degree weather, than came back to our single digit nightmare). He took us to lunch for Christmas (an Italian bistro - I had the veggie lasgna) and we actually had a conversation about phlegm (lovely, huh?). Yesterday, when I got up, I felt like I'd been hit by a train (all that dairy probably didn't help matters). I decided to work from home, but I still needed to get the babe to school so, I threw on some clothes and drove the 30 miles into town to take her to daycare. I dropped her off, turned around and drove the 30 miles back. I parked my round butt on the couch for the duration of the day...laptop at the ready and working like a good girl. My timing couldn't have been better, since our new person started yesterday. My coworker would IM me and let me know the progress of the day, but I could tell something wasn't quite right.

Here's the story on the new lady: She's qualified to the hilt, has a Masters in Library Science, can manage computers well and looks fantastic on paper. When we had our interview with her, there was no energy. None. She would laugh a bit, but there was no joke...you know, nervous laughter but not the kind everyone joins in on. We felt that she could do the job, but wouldn't really "fit in" with the office. We pow-wowed with our boss and expressed our concern about the fit and how we thought either of the other two candidates would "fit in" better. So, our boss and his boss brought her and the two other candidates back in for a second interview. Well, the big boss felt "library lady" was the better candidate, so that's who they hired. My coworker, "C", talked a bit about how "weird" the day went and how "distant" she was with everyone. Now, granted, nerves can make people do strange things, but when you're getting warmth and love from everyone, "Welcome! We're so happy your here! Feel free to ask me questions anytime!", wouldn't you automatically send that happiness and warmth back? "C" said she was just cool to everyone and stayed primarily to herself. I told "C" that we would give it a couple of weeks and see what happens, then (if things aren't getting better) we ask about bringing in the lady we really wanted. It may be that "C" has to do it herself, if the baby decides to show up. (Please, please decide to show up!!)

So, I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I shut down the laptop, threw my clothes back on, then headed over to the office. I let him know that I had a case of the ickies and he prescribed another Z-pack, saying that, "We treat colds a little more aggressively when it involves a pregnancy." Here's what I don't understand - aren't colds viruses? Antibiotics are for bacterial problems right? So, maybe it's not for the cold, per se, but for a possible infection? At any rate, I started feeling better right away the last time and this time (after the first dose) I could tell a difference in how I felt.

"So, I'll see you next week," he says. Too wild! To think, I'll see this man every week until the baby comes. I don't think I got to this point with my last one (the preeclampsia had me on bed rest one week, then in the hospital delivering a week later). So, next Friday, I'll be in his office again...kinda hoping I'm not...kinda hoping my large and in charge body will be in the hospital before then. I may have to go get another massage to "encourage" things and this time, when the contractions come, I'm not stopping those bad boys. I may just be all talk. My luck, she'll come January 20th (I'm due the 12th), be 24 inches long and 9 pounds. LOL!

No comments: