Thursday, April 01, 2010

Surgery Day Approaches

We're trying to wrap our heads around this thing, my family and I. Today, we'll be journeying up to the hospital for our pre-surgery education class. My eldest is looking forward to it, but Indy still has no idea. I'm not sure I know how to explain it to her, but I'll try. She has a right to know what's going to happen, even if she doesn't fully understand the ramifications.

I received a call from one of the hospital administrators this morning who performed the standard health questionnaire. I'm glad that Indy is so healthy. It made answering the questions very, very simple. At the end of the call, she mentioned that the doctor reserved a bed for her over night. I understood this to be an out-patient surgery. She said that it is, but that he has the bed for her in case they decide to do an overnight observation...seeing as it's her throat and all. They want to make sure there's no swelling. Poor little thing!

I made arrangements for my mother to keep my eldest, since my hubby has to work on Saturday. I left a message for him about the new information I received. I wonder if he'll call in or something? I guess I'll find out this afternoon. It's been four years since I stayed in a hospital over night. Ironically, it was due to Indy's birth. I'll never forget those last two days with her there. The nurse would bring her in and I would lay her in the crook of my arm and both of us would pass out. It wasn't exactly safe, but we sure made good napping buddies.

Finally, it's Easter weekend and I'm thinking that a movie and dyed eggs on Saturday will perk up spirits around the house (if spirits are up to it). My insane move was to do Indy's hair tonight, but I think it will be less-than-fresh by Sunday. I suppose that I can, at least, get it washed and straightened. Then the hard stuff is out of the way. We'll see how the day lays out. It's definitely going to be a long one.

2 comments:

Dee said...

how did Easter get so busy?

Your family and your little one are in my prayers for a quick and uncomplicated surgery.

Enchantress said...

Thank you, kindly. Prayers mean so much, :)