Friday, April 30, 2010

Just Die, Old Man Winter!

Do you know we were in the midst of a snow storm, yesterday? A.freaking.snow.storm. Yes. I was not happy. I looked super cute, but I wasn't happy. Why oh why won't old man winter just die, already? You're time is over! Get the hell outta here!

The next few days (um, May starts tomorrow?!) are supposed to be cold and rainy/snowy. The good news is that it's not sticking; however, the flowers look sad and pathetic. I looked at the ten-day forecast and, at least, Mother's day looks like it will be nice (76). Of course, we'll all have colds and flus because of this blasted weather that can't make up it's mind.

Speaking of Mother's day, I found a lovely diamond necklace for my mom. I wasn't planning on buying her diamonds, but I found this piece for a steal and just couldn't leave it in the store. It even says Mom! I hope she likes it and actually wears it. So often, she's so happy to receive things but then won't wear them. I plan on just putting it on her in church when I see her. No choices, right?

I am happy it's Friday (even though it's colder than the 9th layer of hell) but I do wish my hubby weren't off and away. He's going to Boise for his show this weekend (a five hour drive) and I won't see him until late, Sunday. I will be drowning my sorrows in computer games I purchase from Office Depot (they're having a sale, currently). My poor computer is so full of games already. I am especially fond of time management games like Diner Dash, Wedding Dash, Dairy Queen Tycoon and Delicious. So pitiful, huh?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Snow?!
pity you can't bottle it for the dog days of summer. . .
I'm trying to find an experience for my Mom. She doesn't wear jewelry and has too much stuff in her home. . .I've already found a great card though.

Enchantress said...

Does she like shows? You have so many options for shows, where you are. Or just an event to go to...perhaps some fabulous taste-testing event? :)