Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Hoping to See Spring Again

We received over five inches of snow the night before last. As such, I decided to work from home, yesterday. No way was I going to risk my life in even more impending snow. It was slow, but a fairly good day. It's spring break and both my kids were home making me a little nutty. It's hard because they can't go outside and play, which would alleviate some of the extra energy they have. I'm praying the temps warm up enough over the next couple of days where they can get out and go to the park.

Friday, we're driving south for the Babe's dance competition. She's to compete with other groups across the state. I hope her expectations aren't too high. Last year, they placed platinum for their category. I think they look great when they perform but, of course, I'm incredibly bias.

The drive is approximately 4.5 hours (but a bit faster, since part of the drive allows for super speeds). The temperatures are usually 30 to 40 degrees warmer than they are here. So, even if the temps remain a little chilly, we're headed to nearly summer like weather. Bring on the swimming pools!

The sad part is that we will be traveling on my wedding anniversary. This is the first anniversary that my hubby and I will be apart. We are not happy about this in the least, but I'm sure we'll be rewarded with trophies from both ends (hubby and the Babe's). This weekend, hubby will be in an all natural show. I can't imagine that he won't place, after going up against "roided" up guys the past couple of shows. I'm so very, very proud of him.

Today is my mother's birthday and I asked her to tell me what she wants. In the past, I would have thought this tacky but, she's nearly at retirement age and pretty much buys whatever she wants. I felt it best to just ask. Know what she said? "Bananas. I want bananas." I told her to think about it a little more and call me back with a real answer. (P.S. I'll still get her the bananas, though).

4 comments:

Dee said...

do you live in a mountain? Why is it still snowing? It is 83 degrees here today.

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Icey said...

Snow!!!!!! Stop it!! It is definitely spring around these parts. Stuff is blooming, I'm ready to clean and garden, even had to turn the air on much to my chagrin!!!

Miss Construed... said...

Good luck to Hubby and the Babe; I'm sure they will do you proud!!

rn x