Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Married to Mister Utah 2010

I hate that I missed it! Hubby took his weight class and overall! I'm so proud of him! Thankfully, my sister and mother were there to cheer him on. Well, a slew of his friends were there to cheer. His sister came too, in fact, and brought along our niece and nephew. It's wonderful that he did so well, but haters prevail. He said he could hear people in the back talking about him, insisting that he must be on something. He was a light-weight contender and looked much heavier than he was because of his muscle mass. So what! Genetics rock! Besides, they make all the competitors take all sorts of tests before they can compete in a natural show to prove this very thing.

My daughters and I were down south in 80 degree weather just basking in all that gorgeous sunshine and red rock. I was so happy to be in shorts again. Unfortunately, the Babe became ill and I had to get creative with medications, so that she could compete in her show. She did so well, but the group after them (high schoolers, at least) were their competition. What the heck? Not again. You can't pit that kind of skill against 9 year-olds. No fair! We'll find out Wednesday how they ranked. This really makes me not want her to compete next year.

The snow has melted away and the rain is coming. When I drove home, yesterday, the sun disappeared and was replaced by overcasting clouds. The more north I drove, the cloudier it became. How sad. I was happy to see my hubby again. I missed him so much...even more so because I was without him during my anniversary. I really, really hated that. The plan is to get away together, once he's done with all this competing. It can't happen fast enough.

I'm very happy about reverting back to my old schedule, next week. Last month, I spent so much on gas and extra babysitting that I thought I would just break down and cry. Hubby insisted that I calm down about it because this is just what we had to do. Rational, my man. I calmed but I still wished for that money to magically reappear in my purse...especially with hospital bills arriving soon. Tax rebate? Do you hear me? Time to make an appearance.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

That's great news about Hubby being Mr Utah! Well deserved!

I'm in a slump at the moment; the ex is hassling me again, but I won't go on about it here.

Hope the Babe is feeling better; and have fun on your late celebration of your anniversary.

Take care,

RN x

Dee said...

Wow, Mister Utah! The whole state!
Congratulations to your hubby.

Enchantress said...

Thanks! I've read a few of your posts, Miss and I hate that it's taking so long for both of you to move forward. I think, for your own well being, it may be best to just make a fresh start somewhere new. Scary, but good, you know?

GC - Thanks so much! Now, on to the next show... ;)

Icey said...

I read this in my Google Reader and forgot to post on that evening.

Congratulations to your Hubs!!! Just an entire family of STARS!!