Thursday, May 06, 2010

Updating Myself

With a new body, I've been seeking out clothes more than I used to. It always happens when I lose a little weight, but even more so now. I've been taking an opportunity to actually look at the clothing sale emails I get and have considered placing orders for lots of cute gear.

The fact is, I have so much (still) that I haven't worn and have been looking forward to wearing for just this time in my life. Some of it I'm a little afraid to wear. My hubby likes what I call, "naked" clothes and I'm a little self-conscious yet about wearing that stuff. I still have about 15 more pounds I want to lose and the plan is to get those off this summer. I've been wondering if I'll feel a little more self confident at that time to wear the "nakedness".

I haven't begun my workout plan this week like I wanted to. Some thing or another has sabotaged every morning that I would have gotten in a cardio session. It usually starts with whatever drama I've created the night before. For example, this weekend hubby has another show. We were up until midnight last night mixing his 60 second posing song for his routine (Didn't know I was a D.J., did you!). Anyway, after I completed the mp3 creation I knew there was no way I was going to get up and do the elliptical thing.

I don't dare say, "Maybe I'll start tomorrow," anymore because I keep jinxing myself. I do want to and the motivation is certainly there. I don't want arms flapping in the wind when I bust out the bathing suit. No matter what any one says, that is never a good look (young, old, big or skinny).

With all this updating, it really won't matter in a matter of weeks because I won't have to worry too much about my appearance. Working from home, I suppose I'll need only to update my sweat suits?! Of course, I'll still go out to grocery shop and taxi my kids. The occasional date with my hubby and church will be the time that effort is truly expended. It seems so weird! I could just look good for me and my dogs. Nah.

The night before, he kept me up discussing house projects we have to complete before the summer. Why do these discussions occur at night? Because, he doesn't get home until nearly 8 or 9 o'clock most evenings. An earlier night this week, we were helping the babe with her crazy math homework. I don't remember my homework being this insane in elementary school. What's going on, these days?

Whenever I do, I'm prepared. It's been two months and it's going to kick my tail all over the basement. I'll need plenty of potassium and apple cider vinegar for cramps and overall soreness. Why am I inviting all this agony? My hubby can't be the only one in the house who's rockin' a hard body. It's my turn.

2 comments:

Dee said...

can you do your workouts in little bursts in between various tasks?
or is that too inconvenient?

Enchantress said...

I really could. There are about 11 flights of stairs at work. On the days I'm there, I could take those sometime. Usually, I'm weighted down with purse, computer bag and other drama. I just need to drop that stuff off and do it, huh? Good point, GC.