Sunday, May 30, 2010

First Day and Pre Memorial Day BBQ

So, I got through my first bunch of calls on Friday. Scary! I wasn't really sure what to expect but, overall, I think everything went well. I'll have more this week and will continue to follow-up with the my people. Friday, I'll take a half day to spend with my oldest, as it is the last day of school and their school's field day. It's the one day of the year where I can volunteer in good conscious whilst taking vacation time.

The Babe's sleepover went well. Her cousin didn't come over until after 7:00pm but, before that time, I had the Babe and Indy make their own pizza. They loved it and when cousin came over (even after already having dinner) had a big piece herself. They ate popcorn and watched a scary movie. After wards, they came upstairs and performed makeovers and painted their nails. By midnight, I was ushering them off to bed.

In the morning, I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I skillet fried an entire package and they managed to leave one slice for my hubby...one. Wow. Hubby worked out in the yard while they played for about an hour. Then, we ran errands the rest of the day. They were all pretty tuckered out by the time we dropped off cousin at home. Interestingly, her brother seemed glad to have her back.

My mother grilled today and boy was it tasty! Giant hot dogs, halibut, salmon, tilapia, and chicken...corn on the cob, potato salad, spinach salad, green bean casserole and fresh fruit. I wish I could say that I'm excited for the 4th but, unfortunately, my choices will be limited then, too. Anyway, it's always good to get with family and have a good time (regardless of food).

My Memorial Day thoughts are with my grandmother this year. Today was her birthday. I miss her a lot, but I know that she must be happier and at peace. I hope that I have her as a guardian angel to watch over me and my family. I could certainly use the extra help through life.

3 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

Glad to hear that all is well with you and your's.

Happy Memorial Day to you, and I am sure your Grandmother is watching over you all :)

Take care

rn x

Icey said...

Glad you have been enjoying your family time and that the job is going well.

Go You!!!

Enchantress said...

Thanks to you both! I hope you're both well and happy. :)