Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Job and Long Training Hours

I'm still here, but my new position has some crazy long training hours (well, crazy long for me). I am on information overload and I keep wondering if everything will come together. I hope so, I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. That has been the hard part for me; I just don't know very much and the comfort of knowing exactly what to do has evaporated.

Hubby had his last competition of the spring, this weekend. He won! He is now an NGA pro-card holder which, in lay-men's terms; he is now a professional bodybuilder. Sweet! I was so proud of him and it was a very good show. We mixed his music, using the music from my daughter's competitions this year. She was so overwhelmed she cried back stage for him. Too precious. He's on cloud nine, as you can imagine and I'm floating right alongside him.

I'm going back on my diet tomorrow. It's weird to think that I'll be doing this again. I'm raring to go, but a bit nervous. People try a second time usually have troubles. I'm just hoping that I can prove that I'm above type and really accomplish great releases. I'm certainly not off to a good start, however. The whole family has been celebrating hubby's success this weekend with food...bad foods.

Next week is the last week of school and, along with being official in my new job, both girls will be home. Yikes! I've got to start planning what to do with them. She can't just sit around eating all summer. I think I'll pretty much force her to enjoy her summer outdoors being creative. Too bad there aren't the kind of camps here that I had as a child. Aside from one week of drama camp and one week of dance camp, that's all she'll get.

Finally, I've been reconsidering the whole "try the figure competition" idea. I dunno if I have "the stuff" hubby's got but it would definitely make me stand out, here. There are no black figure competitors in this state (well, that I've seen). Where are they? I've seen several fit black women around. Perhaps they're just not aware such a thing exists. If I decide that I'll try, there's a lot of investment involved (physically and financially). I think I'll keep considering and see if things fall into place.

2 comments:

Dee said...

sounds like trial by fire!

Perhaps many women just don't think of that kind of competition. I have always been surprised and impressed when I've come across someone interested in that level of fitness, male or female.

Tia said...

I'm currently training for my first Figure Competition. I live in Florida, and have seen a few compete.