Friday, May 14, 2010

A Mixed Feeling Week and a Big Weekend

This past week has been very odd, indeed. I've been saying good bye to my in-office coworkers and trying to prepare myself, mentally, for the change in my employment. I've had so many people reach out and say how much they appreciated my work and dedication. It has meant so much to hear from people; some of whom I haven't heard from in months. I suppose I've made a mark in my company. Sometimes, it's hard to know if what you're doing is really making any difference.

Yesterday, my team had balloons, cake and wonderful gifts for me. I was so touched by their kindness, but I held back the tears. Two coworkers, whom I haven't seen for months, came in with their kids for a visit. It was great to catch up and hear about their lives. It was also interesting to see how "out of touch" they both were with the goings on in the company (they both telecommute full time). I now see aspects of the job that will be hidden from me, once I'm home all the time. I don't mind being "out of the loop" where work bureaucracy is concerned.

Hubby and the babe are competing in a show together tomorrow. I'm so excited and nervous for them. Hubby is supposed to be working with the babe on her routine (it has yet to happen). I was going to add my "feminine flavor" so that she doesn't come off too masculine in her performance. I hope they get it together today because she really is feeling a bit insecure. I don't blame her; however, it hasn't shaken her resolve. She's still ready to take on the kid events tomorrow. What a trooper!

We've booked our vacation! I'm so excited but still in disbelief. We bit the bullet this year and spent the money to try something new. I won't go into the details yet but, I'll say this: I think it's exactly what we all need and definitely something we'll do again. I am confident of that.

1 comment:

Icey said...

You just have a family of fantastics! I love it!

Good luck to Babe and your hubby!

Aaaaahhhh Vacations...what is that?? Clearly I need one stat!