Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Summer and Recitals

The first recital was last night and my eldest performed. Awesome job! Truly! I've watched this dance all spring and I think last night's performance was the best yet. I wasn't thrilled about the makeup job I did, but who cares. It's all about the talent (she did love her falsies, though...batted her eyes to anyone who would look at her).

Tonight is the last night and both of my girls will be on stage. The youngest is currently taking a nap. She needs her stamina for the long night (and boy was it ever long last night). We got to the high school at around 5:15 because that is what the instructors requested of all the dancers. The show didn't start until 6:30pm. My daughter's routine? Number 37 out of forty-two. Sweet! We didn't get home till close to nine. My youngest nearly passed out eating her dinner, so I just put her to bed. Hopefully, with the good nap, it won't be as hard on either of them.

They have been extraordinarily good with each other during the break, so far. I'm surprised but won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Can't say how long it will last, but I am happy that the eldest is trying to show a bit of responsibility. I want that to just blossom this summer and I'm praying she'll be a more mature child by the time fifth grade starts. I need that to alleviate a lot of my stress.

Hubby and I are having a Saturday night away from the kids. We're so excited! I hope we can find something fun to do. I'm still on the strict part of my diet so, we were up one night looking at restaurants that offer items that I may be able to eat. I'll be so glad when this phase is over so that I can incorporate more goodies again. Broccoli sounds good at this point; however, my diminishing figure is great too.

3 comments:

Dee said...

tough being the eldest. . . that responsibility is never going away
Hope she really digs it. . .I'm starting to take it in my stride but now I'm feeling like my Mom is one of my little sisters!
Yikes!

Enchantress said...

Oh no, GC! What's going on with mom?

Dee said...

Oh, she is alright but she's a big one for trying to get me to advise and research on her major AND minor decisions!!!