Monday, June 28, 2010

Feeling Cruddy

We've had the air on for the last two weeks and I think it's been a little too cold in the house. I've adjusted the thermostat, but I think I'm a day too late. The cold air and my exposed chest were not a good combination, dang it!

I drank a hot toddy during work hours...not the wisest idea, but a necessity. That helped for a bit and then I realized a nap was inevitable, so I took a Sudafed a little while ago. That seems to be making more of an impact on my upper respiratory issues and throat drama.

My girls already know that I'm not feeling my best. If I did take a nap after work, I don't think they'd care much. I am happy that things seem to be going well for them, with the occasional argument only lasting a few minutes or so.

The babe had her hair permed yesterday for the first time in 5 years. That child has so much hair! It really is gorgeous. She wants the opportunity to learn how to style and manage her hair and I told her she could do that this summer. Anyway, she seems to be very happy so far and is running around with it down, around her shoulders. My only worry is that the chemicals will do what they did to mine; break down the integrity and cause massive amounts of breakage. Five years of natural hair has made her hair long, healthy and strong. I hope she handles it well.

Further on the hair front, I'll probably take down Indy's, sometime this week and redo her braids. They are looking cat-raggedy! My hair will be done on Friday evening and I am too thrilled. I'm sort of in need of a break.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Aww, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure your daughter will be able to manage her relaxed hair with your careful guidance.
*labellanoire*

Icey said...

I hope you are feeling better also! Sick sucks!!!

I am still loving my TWA though I wish it would grow a bit more, I am ready to do my first twist out. Been doing them on Babe's hair and they are soooooo cute!