Monday, June 14, 2010

Couple Gets Away...And Wishes for More Time

Saturday night was wonderful and I could have had 7 more days just like it. We left our home around 4:30pm and drove to the hotel. After we checked in, we headed for the restaurant for dinner. A table in the corner for two including lovely, mellow music and mood lighting? Who could ask for more!

I had the miso soup and curry chicken, while hubby filled up on wonton chips and sauce before his hot and sour soup and General Tao's chicken arrived. Needless to say, he had a lot of leftovers. Green tea and great conversation filled our booth. After wards, we headed to the Ross (hubby spilled sweet and sour sauce oh his rockin' white shirt) where he found a cool, DKNY T-shirt that complimented his style and fabulous physique.

We journeyed to a mall we haven't been too in years, only to find that it has been made-over "trendy" (Aldo, Bebe, Cache', etc...). A dress hubby spotted for me was $98.00 on sale. Yeesh! Obviously, it stayed on the hanger in the store. I tried on some jeans at Charlotte Russe, but they always look so strange on me. Not to mention, they are way too long for a petite legs. I'm 5'2, for heaven's sake!

After the mall, we went back to the hotel to swim. The pool was filled to the brim with kids at 10:00pm. Oh, no! In the room, we decided we were hungry and went back out to pick up some goodies. So-not on my diet. Chicken fajitas with peppers and spices. Glorious! I knew I'd pay for it later. When we checked the pool again at 10:30pm? Still bursting with children. No swimming for us on this trip.

The next morning, we thought about going to the movies but every show started too late. So, more shopping (hubby bought me two, new dresses. One of which resembled the outrageously expensive number we saw at the boutique the night before) and a lovely lunch at the Mongolian grill (too much salt...not good for the diet at all). We had such a great time, we stalled a bit when my sister called to tell us she was ready for us to get the kids.

I told hubby I'm hoping that we'll have a bit of kid-care on our vacation so we can have some couple time like that again, but in much bigger doses. I really do enjoy his company.

3 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend away with the hubby, M...

Lovely!

And 5 foot 2? That surprised me! I'm 5 10 myself!

Take care hon! Thinking of you and yours...

rn x

Enchantress said...

Whoa, you're an amazon! I would love to be your height. :) You take care too, Miss. :)

Dee said...

very very nice. . . too bad about all those little water babies tho--

Charlotte Russe. . . I've never been. Just from the outside it looks like it's gonna look strange on me. And I'm 5'7"