Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day and Summer Solstice

Ah...the summer solstice. It's official! The kids are out of school, they're running around the neighborhoods and the ice cream is on flow. To be a kid again! They seem to be having the time of their lives (someone should tell them that they are).

My eldest is participating in drama camp this week. She been so excited to start and, even last night, she's still felt the jitters. This morning she asked me to run lines with her (but, she hadn't really read through the play properly in order to do this). She spent about forty-five minutes doing so then tested her lines on me. So passionate! Maybe there's an actress in the making... a triple-threat, even!

The youngest is still going to preschool two days per week. She begins swim lessons next Saturday and tells anyone who will listen to her. She loves and fears the water equally, so I hope this year's batch of lessons will get her past her fear. My sister keeps taking her to the pool and will bring her into the water so aggressively that I wonder about her success in her classes.

We took my hubby to Father's day dinner on Sunday but before that, he got to open presents. It should be a joyous thing to open gifts but he always acts as if he doesn't deserve them and shouldn't be allowed to open them. I know this comes from his upbringing but it still makes me sad. I want him to know how much we appreciate him and love him. I tell him and shower him with gifts (when I can), but he still seems so ambiguous about them. Oh well, I won't stop trying.

My sister emailed me this morning with the news that she's lost a total of 41lbs. GC mentioned losing a pound and I celebrate successes like these (no matter how big or small). It's so easy to put on weight but it takes major work to get it off. I'm still "working" towards my goal and, despite the stumbling blocks, I know that I'll see my reward. I hope we all do. :)

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hurray for your sister! And thanks for celebrating my pound with me.

Enchantress said...

Absolutely!!