Friday, February 27, 2009

All's well, sort of...

Last night, after being frustrated to no end, I decided to put my situation in "God's hands." At that point, it was all I could do. I didn't have a cocktail or a glass of wine...I simply gave it up. This was hard to do (being a human with pride and an ego), but I did it. Everything happens for a reason.

So, my boss called me this morning to apologize. He said that he felt he had been insensitive and I appreciated the call. I also let him know that things had gone wrong and I owned up to the fact that they were not good. He confessed that our talk had "bothered me all day." I was glad he called.

With that out of the way, I tried contacting my grandmother again. A bit of back story, my grandmother has been put into an elderly care living center. She has lived alone for decades and I've been trying to call her to see how she's doing (afraid that her missing independence had broken her). When I talked to her today (finally), my worse fears were confirmed. I'm not even sure she knew who I was. I had to get it together today, so I wouldn't be all weepy. I know it's going to take time for her to adjust. I really hope that she does and soon begins "running things" like I know she can. ;)

I have a new passion (or obsession...that may actually be a more appropriate word). My daughter and her "look". I'm cultivating how she's going to rock things during her dance competitions this year. Is that nuts or what? I've reorganized her makeup and scaled up a bit, so that she doesn't look like a short street walker. I've also started wearing a bit myself to practice tricks I've learned. I've always been really good at making folks up, but it's been fun learning new things. I even ordered a new palette for her.

The brand is called Leishi and is a brand produced over seas. The pigment is as strong as M.A.C, but without the M.A.C price (nice!). With travel and customs, only one pigment perished on route; a lovely purple sparkle that I'm sure I would have loved. It was scattered about the packaging. So, sad. Anyway, I've been so psyched by it that I'm thinking I'll buy some for myself, now. They're really gorgeous (see the pictures I took, although the pictures don't do them justice).

It seems so strange to me because I'm not a makeup person. I'll wear lip gloss and lipstick for days, without putting on a stitch of anything else for months...but twice this week, I've gone to work in full face. I've actually received a lot of compliments (was I looking that rough before?). Anyway, I know it's the dancing that counts and that she's going to rock her moves and blow every one's mind. Last year, I styled her hair for the event and people thought I was a professional (I know! Crazy, huh?). If I pull out all the stops with hair and make-up...woohoo, fireworks!

2 comments:

Dee said...

well that's good. That shows maturity when a person can own up to their mistakes and apologize. I'm proud of your boss. Some men let stupid stereotypes get in the way of that.

Enchantress said...

GC - So true. He's a different breed, for sure. We've worked together for a long time. I think that's why I was so upset. We're friendly, but with the friend/boss line in place. I think that's why it plagued him like it plagued me. :)