Thursday, February 12, 2009

V-day Shopping? Nope, not yet.

Usually, I have all of this taken care of a couple of weeks in advance. Not this year. This year, I was totally thrown off by our earlier trip to Missouri. Then, I came back to crazy, manic work (January is a big month for most Universities). Things are finally starting to calm down but there are only a couple of days left. Certainly, it's not like shopping for Christmas. Trinkets, keepsakes and candy go a long way for this holiday in my family. It's hubby that always proves tricky. I've already decided what I'm going to get him and, thankfully, he won't be home until later. I can pick it up and wrap it in plenty of time. I have this sneaking suspicion that he's probably getting me the same thing (one can only hope!).

As for the girls, I'll probably pop over to Mich.ael's for little things that will tickle their fancy. Last year, I got the Babe a Hi.gh Sch.ool Musical night gown, along with some chocolates. I can't remember if I even bothered with Indy, since she was only two and wasn't concerned about such things. This year, it's all about everything being hers and not sharing...a tough phase, but we'll get through it. She'll definitely be offended if sis gets something and she doesn't...even if it is only hair accessories or a mini-box of Russel.l Stovers.

Hubby and I tried to get someone to take the kids for the weekend but, it proved to be too difficult. How often do you have two holidays show up on the same weekend? We managed to get my mother to watch them from Sunday to Monday. This will be so nice for us...I just wish I weren't still coughing and hacking. So not something that works with bringing the sexy.

It's nearly time to do the workout. This should be really interesting, since I can still feel the Nyqu.il pulsing through my system. Has anyone ever fallen asleep at the helm of an elliptical trainer? I'm about to find out.

4 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

I've never been on an elliptical trainer. The best workout I get is walking to and from the pub!

rn x

Enchantress said...

I love it! Talk about a workout with rewards. ;)

Dee said...

hope your V-day was good
mine was nice

oh, hey, it might be time to start stocking up on allergy meds
I'm starting mine

Tasha said...

Aww, I hope you were able to have a great V-day in spite of feeling gross.