Thursday, February 05, 2009

Breaking up with the Scale

I've decided to do this, over the last couple of weeks. How freeing! Before, I would check almost daily...seeing if those pesky 15 pounds I picked up over the holidays were leaving (usually an up and down affair due to my unending water weight gain). Then, the funeral and traveling back south thwarted more plans for loss. You can't go back south and not eat, right? Real BBQ and Long Joh.n Silvers were calling my name! Yes, there is such a thing as self control, but I chose not to use it. I do not regret that choice. I knew I'd have work to do and I was up to the challenge.

Anyway, when I got back, I started working out full-force again. The portion sizes cut and better foods going into the machine were/are the goal. I'm going strong, feeling better and looking pretty good, but I'm avoiding the scale. I don't want to set myself up for defeat. Therefore, the scale and I are breaking up, parting "weighs" and agreeing to see other people. Oh, we'll meet on occasion for coffee and catch up on old times (perhaps in a couple of months), but our relationship was destructive and I've got to let it go. Free at last! Now, on to getting back into my "get it girl" jeans.

2 comments:

Dee said...

bye bye scale!

Tasha said...

Adios to the scale! Good riddance :-)

I don't even own a scale anymore. The number became arbitrary to me. What matters is how my clothes fit and how I feel.