Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slap!

I'm feeling Ludacri.s' song today for so many reasons. It's rare that I feel like doing this to anybody, but work is pushing me to the limits today. It always blows my mind at what people get upset about. The issue? Let me set it up for you:

For about a month, we've had this report that needed to be sent to faculty members. I drafted the letter and cut up the reports so that the faculty member only received what he or she needed to see. The emails were addressed, the documents were attached. They waited in limbo last week, due to a final question I had for my boss. I finally had the answer, updated a couple of the messages and then pressed send (about fourteen times). Well, not all of the messages had the addressee's name included in the body, so it still looked a bit generic. He comes racing out to tell me the error, so I proceed to send an apology note to the few who were personally addressed as, "Bob, Tim, Steve...".

I received a couple of responses like,"Oh, no problem. I didn't take it personally," or "That's mister to you! Lol!" They pretty much took it in stride. Boss man, however, must have been utterly embarrased because he totally reamed me about it today. WTH?! He was so worried that when he sent one of the messages to the "Big Boss" that he'd be seen as sloppy, lacking attention to detail, poor customer service provider. So, as I sat there feeling like gum on the sidewalk, he continued on. More things wrong with the previous week (more things that pretty much added up to confusion on both ends). "You know, you can call me if you have questions." Well, same here, bub.

I pretty much ended the meeting with, "Agreed," and turned to high-tail it out of his office.

"Do you have anything you want to add?"

"No. I have my notes and I will take care of everything."

So, I'm pretty much pissed off and ready to throw shit around the room, but I'll just dream about doing this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-8NFbkQRpE

1 comment:

Dee said...

sounds like he needs you to have a talk with him.

When you cool down.