Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's an Arctic Tundra!

I spent Monday shoveling, shoveling, shoveling. The grand total? Around a foot. Oy! It wasn't the sweet, fluffy stuff. Oh, no. It had to be the heavy, weight, turning-to-ice-upon-contact-with-the- ground, stuff. Hubby doesn't get off work now until 6:00pm, so it was just me out there. My neighbor came home, just as I was reaching the end of the driveway. The snow plows were so kind to barricade us all into our homes. A mini-wall of snow was formed that I knew my hubby's car would never get over. That stuff was so heavy! The kind neighbor, after shoveling an entry for his own car to get through, came over and assisted me with clearing mine. What a guy!

Later, my other neighbor's husband came over...not to help, but to chat about how his wife was doing weight watchers and how he ended up doing it by default. He's lost over 20 pounds and you can totally tell. He said his wife has too...unfortunately, I don't see it. I'm sure it's because of what she wears (baggy, baggy, baggy) and how she's shaped. I hope this improves life in their household over there. She suffers from depression and the kinds of foods one eats can totally attribute to how one feels. Of course, they've also had a lot of sickness over there this winter. That certainly can't be adding to the happiness morale.

I've got a bugger of a cough, now. I'm sure it's from shoveling, shoveling, shoveling and sweating in the cold. I really hope I don't end back up in the doctor's myself. Ugh! The youngest (Indy) had a fever of 102 last night. I quickly encouraged her to chew down a children's IBU last night, poor kid. The babe has also had the sniffles and a cough for a few days. Winter, be gone!

No comments: