Tuesday, September 02, 2008

From Sandwiches and Pasta to Food (formerly) with a Pulse

I went on a much needed date with Hubby on Saturday night. First, we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Trang. They just opened a location in our neighborhood and, I gotta tell yah, the best lo mein noodles ever! I don't know what they do, but I don't know if I could ever duplicate the recipe. I was in heaven! Of course, the lack of carbs made the meal extra tasty.

After a wonderful meal and pleasant conversation, hubby and I went to the movies. Finally, finally, finally, we saw the Dar.k Knight. It was as fabulous as everyone is saying it is. For the first time, hubby and I talked in depth about the movie after watching it. Most times, he's not one for movie talk after the movie, but Saturday, he had lots to say. It was a refreshing change and quite welcomed.

Sunday, we spent the day at my mother's BBQing for Labor Day (better to do it Sunday and have Monday to rest, our philosophy). My mother has been dealing with nerve trouble, so I ended up cooking and grilling all the goods. Then (and I don't know how this happened), I ended up cleaning the entire kitchen, while hubby slept on the couch. I was none too happy about that scenario; however, he made up for it by making me a cocktail when we got home.

Monday, I rested and hung out with the girls. The Babe was extra cheeky and was pushing my patience more than a little bit. When hubby got home, we worked out and then I went to the store to pick up a few items to cook for dinner. It was a nice break from the kids, but I always feel so guilty leaving them (even with their father).

Here's the latest issue: I'm trapped in my life again. I hate the way it feels and there seems no end to the stress of it. Hubby (after waking me in the middle of the night) offered to take the kids while I went away. He does this all the time (gets away for adventures alone or with friends, without me and the kids), but I have only done this once and it wasn't over night. It was hubby's birthday present to me when I turned 28...yeah, it's been a while. I suppose I would have done this more often, if not for the guilt. I have a tremendous amount of guilt around it and it's so frustrating. I suppose I sound a bit like a crazy person, but it's true. His offered sounded lovely on the surface, then the pangs rose up in me...telling me that I was a child deserter and that I shouldn't be so selfish. I don't know how to get past those feelings.

In the same vein, hubby and I have been arguing quite a bit and I'm sure that it has to do with my current state of mind. I've been snippy and not as "friendly" as I normally am or would like to be. I can't help but think that my current meal plan and the fact that Aunt Flo is on the way is making things any better. Still, I do notice that I devote everything I have to everyone else. I finished my book (Twilight), but it took an amazing amount of effort. Since when is reading a book that difficult? It seems someone is always in need of my time. Again, I'm happy to offer it but logic tells me that it isn't healthy to sacrifice myself in the process. I hope I can keep my sanity a bit longer. I'm beginning to feel it slip through my fingers.

Oh, and as for the eating, the menu has been tweaked a bit. If you're at all curious about what it is I'm eating (mostly items that at one time had a pulse), check out the other site.

No comments: