Monday, September 29, 2008

Changing My Focus

Hubby was home the entire weekend and I was glad he was here, but he seems set on being gone tonight. It's been hard for both of us and the babe. We're doing our best to answer her questions and alleviate her fears. She's been asking why daddy is still at home, which is interesting. I think she'd found some sort of acceptance (I guess that's good).

I have to say, I'm really glad September is almost over (the month of change). Usually, it's a tough month for me...although, last year wasn't so bad. This year has been a pip! (do people still say that?) We're also in the midst of a retrograde, if you believe in the chaos of those...don't sign any contracts or make any major plans. Things will be weird (communication wise) for the next few weeks. Nice to come off of September with more drama, eh?

I've been trying to move myself into the spirit of the season by digging out my favorite horror flicks. So far, I've re watched Maximum Overdrive, Rosemary's Baby, Prom Night, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Lost Boys, and Christine. I have so many that I thought getting them in on the tail-end of September was best. I'm so OCD, even about movies. What's my deal?!

Finally, I've been training with hubby for several weeks now. Although, I feel stronger better (even tighter), I'm not dropping the weight I'd like to. I know I have to eat more calories to feed my muscles, but I'm just not happy with the number. I know...OCD to the max! So, I'm going to mix and match; combine hubby's training with my diet strategies. I think that will do the trick. My new goal is to get these pesky pounds off by the holidays. I won't give the magic number here, but I'll keep track on the other site as best I can (I've been doing pretty well this month. Actually, much better than I thought I could). I think if I have something tangible to focus on, I'll be able to cope with his not being around a little bit better. I suppose I should reset my goals list on the other site (I'll do that today).

4 comments:

Dee said...

I'm confused about his presence also.

and what does "pip" mean because people do still say that and I have no idea what they mean by it.

Tasha said...

I'm confused also about his presence. How do you feel about it?
And like GC asked, what does "pip" mean? My cousins in Jamaica always say it, and I can't figure it out.

Enchantress said...

How funny! My "common man's" idea of the definition was "special" or perhaps "unique". Here's the actual definition (I think my use is #2):



Main Entry:
4pip
Function:
noun
Etymology:
short for pippin
Date:
1797

1: a small fruit seed ; especially : one of a several-seeded fleshy fruit

2: one extraordinary of its kind

Icey said...

If you are gaining muscle, the number on the scale may actually go up b/c muscle weighs more than fat...that is what my trainer told me anyway!!