Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Did What I Said

So, it's in God's hands. I've come to peace with it. We're not separating legally (too much drama and heartache...especially since the goal is to work things out). I think hubby had a nervous breakdown reading up on all the paperwork that's involved, if you got through the process legally. His hang-up was that I would feel cheated or something out of support for the children. Let me just clear this up for any and all; my hubby is not a dead-beat dad. He's been in their lives from the very beginning and they are his life. I assured him quick and in a hurry that I would never accuse him of not taking care of them, or of him trying to "get one over" on me.

There's still a lot of love between us and it's very strong, but we're just not dealing with each other well on a one-to-one basis. I can respect his position and try this strategy in hopes that we can come back together as a better couple. He even asked if he could ask me out on dates (which I thought was very sweet). It's hard, but I'm hoping for the best. There isn't a set day on when he's moving out, but I know my life will be forever changed when he does. I miss him already.

2 comments:

Dee said...

!!!!
wow
I'm wishing you both all the best in this process.

Enchantress said...

Thank you. It's been tough, but we're trying to make the best of it. I know it probably sounds fake, but I'm wishing you the best too...really. I hope you guys have a wonderful and happy marriage. :)