Friday, May 30, 2008

School's Out!

A couple of hours ago, I was on a field watching kids drench each other with water. Field Day! I remember it was my favorite day of the year, in elementary school. I don't think much has changed because the kids I was helping seemed to be having the time of their lives. I saw neighbor kids and the kids of old friends, but not once did I see my own. It soon became apparent that the second and third grade classes would be coming out after lunch (long after my shift would end). It was fun, nonetheless.

Tomorrow is Great Dane Day at the Park. It will be interesting trying to get two very large dogs into my new car. Ugh! Old sheets anyone?

It's pretty quiet besides that. No news is good news...Oh! I will be checking out "Ye Old Sluts" this evening with a friend, and dinner afterwards. Should I wear my designer heels when I go? Nah. I think I'll keep it fun and casual.

3 comments:

Dee said...

cool
it's hot enough to drench people with water!
just a few weeks ago you guys had SNOW!!!

Miss Construed... said...

I'm hanging out to catch That movie, too. I think I'm going next week so, in the mean time; Don't Breathe A Word.

You've got to promise!

Enchantress said...

Well, a little time has passed, GC, and the cold weather has returned. We're expected to have 60 degree temps today in the valley and possible snow in the mountains. Freaky!

Miss Construed - It was wonderful! No secret telling from me, but you're going to love it (if you're a fan of the show). ;)