Friday, May 23, 2008

My Kids are Driving me Crazy!

Most mornings, getting the babe off to school is somewhat of a trial but, today? Oh, I was ready to put her out! Seriously! First, she was acting as if the world revolved around her. Secondly, she was acting as if she wasn't born with listening devices or any sort of comprehension skills. Finally, she was being lazy about her practice test (we do one each morning with her spelling words). I know my blood pressure was probably of the charts. All I could do was calmly take her to school and thank God that there was a place to take her. That reminds me, I gotta start looking at summer placement for her. She can't be hanging out at the neighbor's this summer.

Work has been pretty quiet today. My boss has already left town for the holiday and is spending it with family at the Grand Canyon. Most of the faculty must be gone too because I keep getting "out of office" notifiers when I email them. The emails and phone calls are slow in general and my coworkers aren't instant messaging me like the world is about to end. This is all really great, but I know it means the day will drag and drag. Why didn't I think to take today off as well?

Hubby's show is tomorrow and last night at close to 10, he decided he was restless and needed to go work out. So, off he went. I hate going to sleep without him. I tossed and turned for a while, but finally drifted off. When he came home (not sure when), he cuddled up to me with cold feet. Can't you cuddle without the frozen toes on my legs? Ugh! I kept kicking them off, but kept his arms around me. This morning, I can hear him clearing out the pantry upstairs as I work. He's making room for his binge foods and snacks he's been buying all week (honey buns, vanilla wafers, candy, etc...). I thought it was pretty funny that he found Dark Snickers on sale at the store for $0.25 each and decided to clean them out of their supply, "For the stash," he said to me. Who needs that many Snickers bars and, not to mention, the 6 Heath bars that are already in the stash. Well, I suppose he's earned all the Snickers and Heaths and Honey Buns he can stuff down his gullet after the carb depletion he's gone through this week. I hope he does well at the show. It will be his first time as a pro body builder.

Monday, we'll be at my mother's for BBQ and good company (I hope my sister behaves herself). Hubby is excited about the grub. Interestingly, it's mostly protein, which is what he's been eating for the past several weeks. You'd think he'd be tired of it, but I guess not.

Enjoy your Memorial Day. Any plans?

1 comment:

Dee said...

yeah, things are quiet at my job too

dark snickers? where? where?
j/k