Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hair


So, here are a couple of shots of the hair and the unique color I'm sporting. Again, it's called F503 (whatever that means) and it's twisted, rather than braided at the top. It's left loose about midway and falls into body curls around my shoulders. I've gotten lots of compliments on the color from friends and strangers. I've tried to guess the tones as have my coworkers and I've listed those on my previous post. The "F" in the color name is almost assuredly a reference to frosting, but the color number alludes me, since it isn't one I've seen in the typical number scheme.

The photo below is of the babe and of the haircut I gave her. Initially, it was cascading down her back in a river of curls, which later made a huge mess. She's just not conscientious enough to run her fingers through it daily to keep it from getting mussed and tangled. So, I brought out the shears and took off about 6 or 7 inches. It's cute at this length, I think and easy for her to manage. The color is 4 (a number I see everywhere in color schemes) which comes out looking like a bronzey brown. This has been her color for spring and I don't intend to go any brighter than this. She's just a little girl, after all. She can go wild color hopping all she wants, once she's a teenager.

There really isn't a lot happening in my life right now and I have no complaints. Everyone is relatively healthy and I'm finally done with the steroids (thank God!). Last night, as a reward to my super, dutiful eldest, I took her roller skating. She had a good time, but did a fair share of falling because she rented skates rather than wearing her own. I've been worried because her skates are a size 12 and her feet are a size 1. She rented a pair of 13s, but they were too big, so she traded them for 12s and was much happier. Unfortunately, they aren't Roller Derby brand and I don't think her feet were comfortable, so she kept falling. She made quite a spectacle of herself, towards the end and many parents were looking for me, saying things like, "Do you have a little girl? She's fallen and is bawling her eyes out over there." Thanks. I know my daughter is a drama-queen. She'll be okay.

We left and I purchased her second surprise; a cheeseburger happy meal. She was elated! We don't do those often and being lactose intolerant, we even more rarely order cheeseburgers. She was on cloud nine, eating that thing in about five seconds time. Overall, it was a good evening and I got some good exercise too, rolling around the rink myself with Indy in her stroller. She loved that!

I begin my Detox 7 cleanse again today, which I'm actually looking forward to. I hope that it gets all the yuck out of me and helps me drop this unwanted poundage I picked up from taking the prednisone. Last time, it made me feel really rejuvenated, so I'm hoping for the same effects. Hubby's already started his.

The drink portion of the system is really grainy and isn't the easiest to suck down, but the benefits are well worth it. Unlike other detox systems, this doesn't make you have a mad, passionate love affair with the bathroom everyday. It's much more subtle in it's approach, cleaning you out (I believe) section by section so that by the end of the process, you have one moment of passion with the bathroom and then your done. I felt the difference it made in just the first couple of days and, if it were easy and cheap to find, I would do it the recommended once a month.

Today is the day for the installation. It's going to be a bit tricky, I think, because the guy didn't say when he was coming. All he said is that it would take all day. "Well, that's super, dude but...when are you coming?" I have to take the babe to school and I have a feeling he'll pick that exact moment to appear at my door. I think I'll tape a note on the front door or something saying that I'll be back in ten minutes. I guess that's the best thing to do.

Tomorrow, Indy has her well-baby visit and here's yet one more week where I'm out of a co-pay. It seems I pay hospitals and doctors more than I do anyone else, these days. My questions for the visit? How are her ears (are the infections truly gone?) and should I be worried about her legs. She's quite bow-legged, which is so cute but I don't want it to be the cause of trauma for her later. She's so busy now and I want to make sure she's walking and balancing the way she should.

I found a recipe for Snickerdoodles online, yesterday that isn't loaded in buckets of fat. I was thinking I'd make them with the babe this weekend. If they're good, I think I'll also make baskets of them for our three sets of neighbors who have been so nice to us, these past few weeks. Two sets have been picking up the babe from school and the neighbors across the street gave up many hours to help hubby put down tile. They've done an amazing job! (pictures to come soon). It's also a bit of bribery, since I'll probably need them to pick her up again in a couple of weeks. Hubby is going out of town on business and he won't be around to get her...in fact, he won't be around at all. This will truly be the longest period of time apart for us. The trip is back home in Nashville, so I don't think he'll miss me much. I think he'll spend his time connecting with old friends and seeing relatives. I'll miss him, though.

No comments: