Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Half a Tank and Forty Dollars Later...

Hubby and I were reunited. Not in the way I'd wished, but it still turned out okay. We spent Friday evening talking about how much we missed each other and all the things I had wanted to tell him while he was away. We discussed my honey-do list (which I think surprised him that I'd kept up with so well). I showed him the office minus the ugly border. When he saw it, he pinned me against the wall and tried to have his wicked way with me. Hmm...if that's all it takes, I need to put up ugly border everywhere and take it down!

Next, I showed him how sparkling clean I'd made the spare bedroom. Down on the bed we went. Wait! I just cleaned the linen on this bed! Okay, so back upstairs where I showed him the list I was keeping up with, magnetically clinging to the fridge. Pinned against the fridge...not exactly comfortable, but I wasn't going to complain. We had a lovely evening and I hated that he'd scheduled to work someone's shift this weekend. That was indeed poor planning. After Friday, I only saw him in spurts.

We had a little episode yesterday after he got home from work. He's been frustrated with some things, but he's only talking about them in bits and pieces. I suppose he'll dump when he's ready, but it made me quite frustrated. Just tell me the issue, man? In time...patience is a virtue.

On an unrelated topic, they keep showing footage of Miss U.S.A. taking a fall on her butt during last night's Miss Universe pageant. She totally played it off, stood up and kept on smiling and walking. That's the way to do it, but do we have to relieve this woman's embarrassment for the rest of the day? Oh, well. Miss Universe is lovely.

1 comment:

Dee said...

oh my! the refrigerator?
Good for you!