Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Showered in Baby "Stuff"


My baby shower was held this afternoon in one of our conference rooms. The girls really did it up with lavender, pink and pearlescent balloons along with babyfetti and dark Hershey kisses on the table. A buffet of delectable desserts was at the rear of the room and many people came (some I didn't even know) to wish me well and shower me with baby "stuff". It was so sweet and I'd really forgotten how precious baby clothes can be. Granted, my hubby has been buying stuff since we found out, but there's something about having a room full of baby hungry women, watching open bag after box full of unicorns, bears, pink fluffiness and pastel dreamies that makes the whole experience...well, super sweet. We really had a good time.

Afterwards, the men in the office kindly filled my car for me with the remaining gifts (my mother and sister were there to take half for me before they left for appointments and such). I'm really excited for the baby to come now, so I can see her in all this fabulous stuff. She's going to be a well dressed kid, I gotta tell yah. There's still lots to do and, I'm told by coworkers, a "fountain" of cash is soon to come (we have faculty all over the country and many wanted to contribute. I wonder if this "cash" will cover one of the big items like the changing table or the dresser? We still don't have those yet).

Hubby was in a mood today...my guess was because his regular work schedule started up again tonight and he was not looking forward to it at all. After all that time this weekend with us (did I mention he also found someone to cover Saturday evening and Sunday??), I think he got just as spoiled as we did. He told me that he wouldn't have another day off until his trip to Vegas (the second week in December). So, that sucks in a big way. He was frisky this evening and wanted to play, but I'm not crazy. How can we play when there's only fifteen minutes for him to get ready for work? I was not up for hearing (possibly tomorrow morning) that it was me who made him late or got him a write-up or whatever. Not that I think he would say so outright, but he may subtlety let me know it was me. So, I settled for soft caresses and kisses on the ear. That will have to hold him until tomorrow, I guess.

Still not finished painting (nope. we watched Polar Express instead). I'll be working from home tomorrow, after my doctor's appointment. Perhaps, during a break, I can get some of the painting in. I guess I'll have to. I know I won't want to do it on Thursday and Friday is "put up the tree" day.

They gave me my loaner laptop for maternity leave, finally. It's working out great! (I did a test run tonight, just to make sure I could be up and running early tomorrow morning). It does everything my computer at work can do. Damn, I don't know why they just don't let me work from home permanently? There are others, like me, that can do the majority of their work from home too. Aren't we a virtual University? What the hell? Oh, well. Perhaps someone will get a clue someday, then they can sell the building and put their money into recruitment and retention, rather than suite rental. What a concept!

Time for sleep now...

No comments: