Thursday, November 17, 2005

Crocheted, Ghetto Fabulousness!


So, I'm the cute pregnant lady again. At least, my friends think I'm the cute pregnant lady. I went and got my hair did and I am loving it. It's black with bronze highlights (which I know is totally ghetto, but in Utah, nobody cares). Plus, I think it's pretty cute and I got loads of compliments. I'ts long and that automatically shaves 5 or six years off of me. When I got home with my new "do", my normally opinionated husband said absolutely nothing. At work, the girls (after ooing and awing for twenty minutes), asked me what he thought and I told them that he said nothing. This did not sit well with them because they know how he is and they spent time pondering his silence much more than I had. So, I waited for him to call, so I could question him (since they succeeded in making me paranoid). When he called a few minutes after our conversation, he was like, "Well, I left Nashville so I wouldn't have to look at Shaniqua in the ghetto." What the hell?

This evening, I came home and I told him how many compliments I'd gotten and he was like, "Yes, because all your coworkers are caucasian, honey, and don't know any better. And anyway, honey, it's not important if I like it, do you like it?"Then, he goes on to say, "I, personally, loved it the way it was the last time." Hmm. Talk about building up your self-esteem. Oh, well. He's right. He doesn't have to like it so, I will happily bask in the fact that I like it and I don't have to do a damn thing to it for three months. I can end my pregnancy, have this baby and start raising her a bit, all before I have to have it done again. Suits me just fine.

Hubby has actually been pretty depressed the past couple of days. Jail politics at it's best; they've decided to keep all the favorite officers where they are, which means any hope he or anyone else on graveyards had of changing back to day-shifts is down the crapper. That means, when shift-bid happens again in January, he stays where he is for another eight months. He was so disappointed, but not surprised. Then he got all pumped about Vegas again...in his eyes... a way out. I keep telling him that Vegas may not happen and that he needs to find a way to make life better for himself there, if he can, in the event that we do stay in Utah. It's just been today that logic has kicked back in for him and he's understanding what I said (of course, he already knew this for himself, but he was so upset he couldn't really see straight). We've pretty much decided that if we do stay, we will sell our home and opt for a condo instead.

I am so thrilled tomorrow is Friday! I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday! Normally, sleeping in doesn't interest me because I'm such a morning person. (yep, I'm one of those disgusting, happy, perky morning people that normal people who drink 4 cups of coffee by 9:00 am want to shoot) Every weekend is like a mini-vacation to me, now. What with all the energy I'm now putting into getting the nursery ready (these afternoon projects squeezed in after working all day in the office) is really beginning to take a toll on me. I still haven't mastered not doing the things I did before I was pregnant. I'm still trying to take on the world. But, there's so much to do before the baby gets here!

Once I finish the stenciling on the south wall, then I'll start working on assembling the crib (which just happens to be a convertible. I'm sure the directions will be a joy to ponder). After that, the Eddie Bauer Travel System stroller and car seat, then putting up the trim or crown molding (we haven't decided yet). The baby shower is next Tuesday, so there's another built-in project of organizing baby clothes and supplies. I think that's when I'll get the babe involved. She's been so patient, waiting for something she can do in the nursery. I didn't dare have her help with the stenciling, as much as she kept begging to help. I was afraid unicorns painted by the babe would have been a little to surreal. A babie's eyes can only handle so much.

Finally, I have to see about packing my bag for the hospital. I'm about a month behind there (they usually say have it packed before your 8th month. Oh well). So, I've got to get that together sooner rather than later. Oh, and of course, the Christmas tree must be up on Friday, November 25th. See? Taking on the world....

2 comments:

Icey said...

Onced I got over the shock of being pregnant...I LOVED being pregnant!

Wow so you are down to the last several weeks!! Exciting! Good luck! Get all the rest that you can now! Once the new babe arrives...sleep=over! lol

Enchantress said...

No doubt! :-)I was just telling someone how excited I'll be to sleep on my stomach again. Ah, the little things. :-) Thanks for visiting!