Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm Married, again!

Friday evening, I got home and started right to work on the painting in the nursery. I was able to complete the south wall with the first of the layered stencils (only one layer left to do). Once I was done at around 6ish, my daughter came in and said, "Mommy, daddy wants you to come to the back." So, I tidied up the materials and headed to the back where our bedroom is located. He was actually awake, alert and talking (a rare thing at that hour, since he's usually dead to the world until around 7 or 8). So, he said, "What do you guys want for dinner? My treat." Of course, my babe begins her normal, "I want McDonalds," speech (what is it with kids and McDonalds?). Dad's like, "Anything besides McDonalds." So, we decided on chicken. The babe pipes up, "Daddy, can we eat inside?" I began to think about how much time it would take to eat-in and then get back in time for Dad to get ready for work, but he just says, "Yeah, if we don't take too long."

So, we put our shoes on and head to KFC. We order, sit down and begin eating and chatting. Before I know it, it's quarter to eight and I start in, "We'd better get back so Daddy can get ready for work." Well, daddy starts snickering and then I figure out he's up to something. "I got somebody to cover for me." I love those words! I got him the whole night and was too thrilled! We ended up watching Christmas with the Cranks and eating dessert together. It was lovely. We also spent a blissful, adult, evening together. I can't even remember how long it's been since I "got" any. Granted, "getting it" is very different these days, but it was still wonderful to get.

Thinking that I needed to pace my time with him on Saturday (since he had to go in on Saturday evening), we slept in and talked a lot. Then, he got up and went to get us breakfast. When he got back, we all ate together and decided what we were going to do for the day. Well, there really wasn't anything anybody wanted to do, so we lounged around most of the morning and afternoon. Hubby says, "I've really got to get my oil changed because I'm about a thousand miles over and I can hear it in the engine." Totally understanding, I say, "Go ahead and we'll be here when you get back." So, off he goes. Then, I decide the babe and I can pick up lunch. The mall was ideal because, low and behold they have a McDonalds and a Chinese Gourmet. I was able to get us both what we wanted (and calling dad, got his order too). After having a major contraction and a hot flash, we head back home. Me made it back moments after he did.

Lunch was filling and we all sat and watched another movie together. Once we put the babe to bed, we wached Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, which was outstanding! It was also very depressing, but of course we couldn't say we didn't see it coming. After that, we went back to our bedroom and stuck another movie in the PS2 (for noise, more than anything); The Hideway, based on the Dean Koontz book. I don't know what it was about that movie, but it got hubby into a particularly frisky mood. I had dozed off, but he succeeeded in waking me up in the nicest way possible (you know what I mean). He even put his fear aside for the evening and was not disappointed. He kept saying, "How could I have forgotten how good this was?!" I remember looking at the clock as I dozed off, two hours later.

Sunday was a surprise too. Normally, we have the big "philisophical" discussions about whether or not he should go to church and why it's "okay" to go, even if you feel like your the evilest among evil. No discussions at all! In fact, he put on a suit...a SUIT and got ready to go with the babe and I. Church was fine, until the usher brought me a note saying, "Enchantress, your mother has gone to the LDS Hospital emergency room." Talk about freaking out! We creep out of church and head to the hospital to visit my mom, who has checked herself in complaining of intense chest pains. She's fine and everything looks good, but she's going to have to take a stress test today. Her big complaint? "I've got a Thanksgiving meal to prepare in a couple of days. I really don't have time for this." Oh, so my mother.

We left the hospital, had breakfast, then went to the movies to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was terrific! I was disappointed that they left out some great aspects in the novel but, the movie would have been nearly four hours long if they'd tried to keep everything. It was great, nonetheless (No, I'm not an obsessed Potter freak, but I do like the novels and my little one has enjoyed the stories thus far. She's also excited to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...a story I, myself grew up with). We also saw the new trailer to Superman, and I nearly wet myself. I'm so excited for that one! I think I'll probably lose my mind when Joss Whedon finally gets Wonder Woman off the ground. I'm such a kid.

So, basically, my hubby was my hubby again this weekend and not just a house mate. It was wonderful having him around at home, being a dad to the babe the way he likes to and having a lover in my bed at night. I don't think I've slept so well in so long. I was really spoiled...even if it is something I can't have all the time, I really enjoyed myself. It was so easy to remember, this past weekend, why we got married in the first place.

1 comment:

Icey said...

Such a lovely post!!! Hubs did good!!! McDonald's is like little kids crack! lol My four year old LOVES Mickey Ds.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well! And shame on her for worrying about cooking! lol...just like a mother!