Monday, March 30, 2009

Breaking the House

The weekend was chock full of activities...so much so that I was ready to strangle kids, last night. Not so much for anything specific, but because I was in the midst of kid-overload! Hubby was good, as usual, and played interference, once he got home from work.

Friday, hubby found a sectional online that he liked. The lady was selling and had already had offers. Hubby headed over to see if it would work and then called me to tell me he'd put down a deposit. Later in the afternoon, he and his buddy went down to pick it up. An hour and a half later, they were back and incredibly winded. It seems the lady's double-wide doors wouldn't open to remove the furniture, so hubby and his friend had to do this. When they got the furniture here? Only a few pieces would fit. The problem was the doorway. There is now a sectional, section sitting on the deck covered in plastic. Oy!

Saturday was the second competition. The time in was an hour before performance. The Babes' showtime was 3:00pm, so we got there at 2:00pm (not before I realized I'd forgotten the video camera, then had to go back home to get it. I was halfway to my destination when I realized my error). Anyway, we got there and I applied makeup in the changing room. I will not do this again. The lighting was terrible, there were too many distractions and the Babe kept eating all the snacks her grandmother had brought. You can't apply lip gloss if you have granola crumbs everywhere.

So, makeup applied, we went into the gymnasium to watch the performances. I asked my mother where they were in the line up? Oh, they were running an hour and a half behind. Terrific! Two hours later, the Babe performed. Indy was too put out, having had to sit for so long in one place (even if there were big girls dancing that she could watch). I took the kids to get dinner afterward, then headed home. We got home, changed out of our clothes, ate and watched t.v. The Babe was extra giddy, so she talked incessantly (not my idea of relaxation).

Sunday, we went to church then fled afterward (due to a snow storm that hit). Craziness! High winds, rain, snow, sleet and then hail later on. We got home, ate and took naps. After this, I decided I really couldn't wait to purchase Easter shoes, so off to the store we went. I always seem to miss out on the girls sizes, so I got a jump start this year and found matching shoes in their respective sizes. They were both pleased. I also found discount bras on clearance (which is always nice and, no wire. I despise wire). The Babe, again, was asking for stuff. We'd had the, "Don't ask for anything," conversation, but it didn't seem to matter. Oh, well. By Sunday night, I was "over" the kids.

So what's up with the "Breaking the House" title? Hubby and friends are going to break the doorway, bring in the furniture, then build it back up. A carpenter will be in the mix, but I'm still nervous. I guess we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Dee said...

oh.wow.
breaking the doorway? I hope it goes quickly!

Glad the girls liked their shoes. I've never had Easter Shoes. It's never been something my family has done. Maybe I'll get some for myself one day.
:)

Enchantress said...

Me too. It has me so anxious.

We used to get the whole Easter kit and kaboodle, when I was growing up; dresses, shoes, hats and purses. My mother would also press my hair (which I loved and loathed at the same time). I don't do nearly as much, but the dresses have been a staple since my girls were very tiny. They're still growing so, we usually have to by white shoes, anyway. Might as well make it for Easter. :)