Thursday, March 19, 2009

Protective Style

Last night, I was sitting in the salon chair getting new crochet braids. Here is the hair I used (F1b/350, not the color shown here). Anyway, my hair-dresser is a trooper. I was in and out in two hours flat! I love her! Gone are the days when you're stuck at the salon from sun-up to sun-down, listening to all of the dredge and gossip of the neighborhood. My lady doesn't put up with that crap. We talk about the news, our families and other topics. No gossiping there. Can you imagine? It's terrific!

OMG! I have hair! Even before the extensions were put in, my TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) was rocking a really close look. My hair-dresser confessed later that she wasn't sure I'd have enough to even braid up when she saw me (she laughed and said, "I thought I'd have to send you home and say, try again later."). When I sat in the chair, she began to pull it out a bit to see the length (if any) and let me tell you, there was plenty. Two years of rocking it natural and I've got about five or six inches of growth since going almost bald in May of 2007. It's so healthy, too. I'm very pleased. With this protective style, it should really gain a lot of length in the next couple of months.

Tonight, I take down the Babe's hair. Ugh! If I have half a foot of hair, she's got at least a foot. That girl has so much hair, we could make a rug. The hardest part is "clearing" it after I wash it. Inevitably, there are tears and I don't ever mean to hurt her but damn! The hair is thick, thick, thick! Tomorrow, I'll be braiding it all up and making it "fly" for competition on Saturday.

Speaking of which, I got all of my questions answered. Why did I only find out Tuesday night? They really need additional help. Using the family members and hording the money is not working anymore. You gotta spend sometimes to save. Friday, I'll also be throwing down $30 for more dance shoes. Yeesh! She's gonna be cute, though. The girls each represent a country. The Babe, of course, is representing the Mother Land. Oranges, reds and browns (earth tones look so good on her). When I talked to the other little girls about their costumes, only one seemed happy about hers. The others looked like they were unimpressed. I'm anxious to see how they all look together. I am not anxious to be at this competition from 3 in the afternoon to ten at night. I'm not sure if we'll make it to church on Sunday or not. At least Indy will be hanging with her grandmother. I don't know how I would be able to do this with both girls vying for my attention.

No comments: