Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

I've got my green on and green glittery eye lids (many comments about the latter). Shall we have green eggs and ham for dinner tonight? It sounds kinda good to me. I bet the kids would get a kick out of it.

We're in the market for a new sectional for our basement. We've sold our couch and the money is there for the new purchase, but we just haven't found anything we really like, except for this:



It's also mind blowing how much furniture stores want to charge you. From place to place, the prices are all across the board (one place wanted nearly $4,500 for something very similar to what you see in this picture. Ouch!). Hubby found someone online that sells direct, so that person may be our final stop. We'll see.

I've been kind of stressed out, lately. My coworker who manages the same area with me has been out of the office for now, almost two weeks! She's become a first-time grandmother and is tending to her daughter an new grand-daughter. I'm thrilled for her, but things have been crazy hectic on my end. My boss isn't helping by throwing more projects in my direction. He just doesn't get how nuts our inbox is and how I so don't have time to do all of his projects. There were 1100 messages this morning and I nearly cried when I saw that number.

The Babe's first competition is this Saturday. I would be really excited, but that's got me stressed for the following reasons:

1. No costume. We were supposed to have the costume two weeks ago, but they didn't come in. So what, my kid is supposed to dance on stage naked? Nice.

2. Where is the competition? They told us it would be Salt Lake Communi.ty College, but there are Annexes all over the city. Which one? Which building? Where do we park? What time are we supposed to be there?

3. The babe outgrew her dance shows this year. I have yet to buy new ones because I've been waiting to hear about the costume (why risk having to buy two pairs, when I could by one and buy the color to match the costume...whatever color that is).

4. Is there a fee for others who want to watch?

I talked to another parent whose kid had a class last night. He said that, at least, now she knows what time. Well, the babe's class is tonight and you better believe I'm drilling someone with these questions. I know they're busy, but we're paying enough money to take care of an administrator/clerk, something. This is so ridiculous! I have a hard time with disorganization.
They really better get it together.

Hubby is off again. Seems like I blink and he's off. He must really love this shift. I do too, but it's hard when he's off and I'm not. Oh, well, it's really a small complaint.

No comments: