Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dancing Daughters and Competitions

So, Saturday went really well. I was happy that we only had the one performance because we could be there for her performance only, then leave right afterward. Nice. So many other parents were there from sun up to sun down. I can't even imagine. I suppose when it gets to that point, the Babe will be old enough to drive and pay for her own classes. I can't wait for the day!

We spent the bulk of Saturday resting and hanging out. I had her lay down at noon, but she couldn't sleep (of course not!). By one, she was up showering and prepping herself for the event. Three layers of lotion, thank you very much. That child is ashy (lol)! Costume, tights and oil layers on, I put her in the make-up chair, using the new haul I'd acquired for her. I put all the practicing I'd done in the past month on myself to the test. She was fierce! Here's what I did:

1. Applied base to her skin with a make-up wedge using Revlon Colorstay base in Mahogany.

2. To give a satin finish, I dusted her face with Black Radiance loose powder (in dark tone)

3. I colored in her eyebrows with eyebrow pencil, then brushed them out for a natural look (Chol.a eyes are not cute, despite what some people think).

4. To prepare her lid, I covered her whole eyelid in MAC Shadestick (sharkskin). I used the dark color to bring out the red I planned on using.

5. The lower lid was covered in red matte eyeshadow (from the Wales set I bought her). The upper lid, I used a bronzey orange and highlighted her brow with a shimmery coral.

6. Next, I went over her eye with barrier spray (lightly with a Q-tip) then covered the lower lid with red eye glitter pigment. I covered the upper lid, except for the brow highlight, with a pearlescent orange glitter pigment. She sparkled!

7. Black eyeliner was applied to the lower lid and water line, finishing off her eyes with a light coat of mascara.

8. An orange blush from the apple of her check to the temple (blended well), then a light coat of Revlon lustrous lipgloss. She was ready for the stage!

When we got to the location, everyone went gaga over her eyes. Hubby was like, "Keep it up and they'll be asking you to do a workshop." (you think?) The other girls weren't too shabby themselves. We only waited about an hour then on with my girl! She was working it and all of her group looked like they were having a blast. I was so proud. I videoed then, subsequently posted my child on you.tube. Why? Because I can. ;)

She has another competition this Saturday and, again, I have no details. Again, I'm hoping for more information tonight at dance class. Again, I'm hoping it's an "in and out" situation like last Saturday. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: