Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Pain and Other Ramblings

I've been struggling with an upper back pain for nearly a week. It gets better, then it bothers me again, then better again. It's just below my right clavicle (but I think the source is in my lats). I was doing bent over rows last week, trying to get back into my weight training in a more regular way. I was sore, but it was manageable. I noticed things got bad after the night I spent hunched over doing my daughter's hair.

What is it with this aging crap? Ten years ago, I would have rebounded with no trouble. Now, it's taking days and pain meds to make me feel better. And, why does it start so early? I guess I was delusional in thinking that aging wouldn't be noticeable in my thirties. So much for that. It's noticeable and has been for a while. Ugh!

I found out last that the Babe placed third in her competition category. She didn't seem to care, she just kept talking about how fun it was (my girl). The teacher was miffed and I was trying to understand, along with her, how the other group placed ahead of them. The other group was cute, but they didn't look like they were having as much fun nor were they as energetic. I guess, like other competitions, it could be who you know. I noticed at last night's practice, one of the mother's was being very critical of their dance routine. I don't do well with psycho-competition (or pageant) mommies. She turned me off really quickly with that stuff.

This Saturday, I hope she still has a good time. I now have details. They are the last group to perform from their studio. Luckily, it's at 3:oopm, which is earlier than last Saturday's dance time. The location is also closer. Cool.

My coworker is still gone and boy, am I feeling it. You really need two (maybe three) people working in this position. She's having a good time and I'm so happy for her (really, I am), but I miss her and her help. She'll be back on Friday. I'm hopeful that she'll just jump right in and not take two or three days to get back into the rhythm of things. Sometimes, that can happen.

2 comments:

Miss Construed... said...

Hey M

Just dropping by to say hello...everything sounds good down your end of the blog;same down here at my end, no complaints. It can only be a good thing, hey?

Rn x

Enchantress said...

Hey, "Miss"! I'm so glad all is well with you. Please take care of yourself and those boys of yours. I might be wrong but, isn't fall/Autumn approaching for you? I hope the weather is nice. :)