Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vacation Begins

I'm off for the rest of the week! Woohoo! I don't really have any special plans, except for the ones I've mentioned in previous posts. A little news, though. I did contribute to the 70million Twilight received over the weekend. I took my eldest on Sunday (a little mommy-daughter bonding time). She loved it! When I asked her what her favorite part was, she said (and I kid you not),

"It's a little inappropriate, mom."

"Inappropriate?"

"The kissing."

"Oh! Well, that's not really inappropriate, honey. It's okay if you liked the kissing."

Too cute! I asked her if her teacher enjoyed the series and she said that her teacher didn't like the books. I was surprised. Seems like everyone Mormon lady I come into contact with is either in the midst of one of the novels or is in the midst of rereads. I will now begin the second book for the babe, since she is now completely enthralled with the characters.

I was thinking I'd make waffles for breakfast in the morning. Doesn't that sound good? I haven't made them in a while, primarily because cleaning the waffle iron is a bitch. But, you gotta do these things every now and again, right? (wink, wink)

I wish hubby were off. This is really his three day break, but he scheduled OT so, no hubby tomorrow. I'll get him Thanksgiving day, though, and that makes me happy. I'm a little worried about him. One of his best friends is having marital troubles. The friend has been calling a lot and I'm glad hubby is there for him, but I wonder if the friend just doesn't need to get away for a while. He's in the midst of starting his own business, but wifey is not as supportive as she once was. In these economic times, the stress level is high for both of them. I can only hope that their faith and prayers (ours too) see them through this.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Feel free to send some of those waffles to the east coast! Enjoy your time off...I'm at work now counting down the hours. 7 hours and 12 minutes to go.

Your hubby's friend might need to step away for a little while like you said. Take a weekend to himself to regroup. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

Dee said...

inappropriate
wow
what a sophisticated word
not too many people have little ones that would come up with such a good one

Eb the Celeb said...

Hope you had a great thanksgiving and have a great vacation!

Enchantress said...

Tasha -I would have fanned the waffle sent your way, but they were gone with quickness!

Time to count down for Christmas, now. Are you taking time off, or are you saving the time for the wedding/honeymoon?

The friend is living away from home, so we'll see what happens. He misses his little girl terribly and the missus is using her against him. Not good.

GC - I know! She heard me use it once a long time ago and asked me what it meant. I'm glad she's trying out words she knows. Most of the time she uses big words and has no idea what they mean. sigh.

Eb the Celeb - Hope yours was great, too!